• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snoopy has an ear infection/ really bad update :(

Thinking of you and Fudgie, glad Snoopy had a peaceful passing, and was with the ones who loved him xx sweet dreams Snoopy xx

You did everything you could for him. Thinking of you and sending hugs xx
Binky free at the bridge, Snoopy xx

I’m so so sorry to read this SLH. I’m in tears reading this and Snoopy was such a big character on the forum. It was the right thing to let Fudgie share that moment - I’m sure it helped Snoopy at that time too. You gave Snoopy the very best life and the life he truly deserved and was able to share with Fudgie.
Binky free beautiful Snoopy. Huge hugs to you SLH. Xx

Hi, I’m so so sorry you lost you bunny & that his best friend lost theres. It’s heartbreaking. I shed a tear thinking of it. Sending love to you & your bunny. When we took shadow home after getting put to sleep we put her down to show Bella she was gone. We had to rush to vet before & she might not have realised she had died. I think it was a good thing to do. I’m glad that yours got to go with him & say goodbye at least [emoji22] Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much again everyone for your kind words xx

Fudgie is doing ok. She is eating, which is good. She does however look very lost on her own. She has been wandering about as if she's looking for Snoopy, even though she knows he's gone. Seeing the effect on their bereaved partners is definitely one of the hardest parts about losing a bunny 😔

I agree - the worst bit is seeing the sad bunny left behind. I hope she doesn't grieve too long & keeps up with the eating. Hugs for you this morning xx

Thank you again everyone for your condolences xx.

Snoopy was the first thing I thought about when I woke up. It really doesn't feel the same without him.

I've been looking at the box of woodland loops. He absolutely loved them and I have to admit I probably let him have more of those than I should have.

I'm going to miss traipsing around trying to get the right herbs from the right supermarkets (subject to change without warning). Snoopy was the main instigator of that. He especially liked to do it when it was cold, dark and raining.

I miss his aggressive nose bumps and his nipping my feet and ankles when I walked past.

He appreciated the simple things in life. I used to enjoy watching him feasting on his hay and herbs (when I got the right ones!) and then flop down next to Fudgie, stretch his legs and gently tooth purr in contentment.

He was generally quite a lazy bun but he was very entertaining when he got over excited about something, which was usually food! He would run around, honking and buzzing and doing the most inelegant binkies I think it's possible for a bunny to do. He really was like a bull in a china shop!

Your description of Snoopy is so lovely. He sounds like he was funny, food-loving, happy boy who kept you busy looking for the right greens. :love: I'm so, so very sorry again that it was time to say goodbye. You gave him the absolute best life. It's good to hear that he had Fudgie with him in his last moments, that he had that comfort and familiarity of having her there. I'm glad she's eating, but I agree that seeing the remaining bunny being so lost is one of the worst things about losing a beloved bunny. I hope she'll be okay, and that you and Fudgie can comfort each other in this painful, difficult time while you both grieve dear Snoopy. You're both in my thoughts.

You’ve all been in my thoughts all day today. I know words sometimes seem irrelevant and hollow and you feel as if time stands still. But the love and support from the forum is so warm when we need it. I know, months after my losses this year, I still feel so raw and lost and how you described things today just struck home with me how I felt and I’m sure so many of us relate with that. The hardest saddest thing is saying goodbye but we know we all have to.
Sending you huge hugs and I’m here if you ever need to talk. Xx

Its nice to hear more of his antics scrappy - it did used to make me giggle when they had you do the rounds of supermarkets for the best herbs. And that game when they used to demand you made human tunnels with your body. Snoopy was a super handsome bunny obviously - I remember his really lovely belly markings :love: Our bunnies are amazing - its no wonder it hurts so much when they go xx

Back