• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snakes!

grass snakes are harmless,that horrible smell is their defense mechanism,it smells a bit like burned rubber

definitely released towards the Braintree/Witham area and not the Maldon area! also been told that they don't have 'families' so not affecting other sankes....

trust Rascal to love playing with it!!:lol::love:

has anyone seen a snake that big!!!

Hiya yeah my oh keeps large snakes as pets!

burm1.jpg

He is a albino burmese python called rudolph!!
Oh by the way Swalk where abouts in Maldon are you? Im in Heybridge.

I'm jealous. I love snakes. I had them as pets before we moved to the UK. I walk in the woods/field alot and have not seen one since we've been here:( The smelly bit is a defense mechanism. You have a proper guard bunny! Scared the $%#@ out of the snake:lol:
If you find any more, they can come and live in my garden:)

I love snakes too so long as I know they can't harm me. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at identifying native snakes.

:(
Hiya yeah my oh keeps large snakes as pets!

burm1.jpg

He is a albino burmese python called rudolph!!
Oh by the way Swalk where abouts in Maldon are you? Im in Heybridge.

Rudolph:love::love::love:

I love these guys, I just can't feed them:( I'm a hypocrit, I know. I can feed f/t mice, just nothing larger or alive.

WOW that is impressive, we use to catch them in the woods when i was younger, we also had them for pets for yrs i don't anymore but my brother does ;) thats a corker of a python, my brother had one of them but it kept going after things it shouldn't so he had to get rid :cry:

He's pretty placid really (believe it or not) he doesnt eat anything larger than rats ( which i know some people will find bad enough ). Took me a little while to get used to him! Still prefer my bunnies tho!! :love:
We didnt name him, my oh got him off a friend who had to get rid of all his animals as he was moving. :)

I used to work at a place where they had several pythons etc.Clifford McSqueeze was a boa...him and his wife had babies...There was also an albino python like above called Homer.....we had to go in with other staff to hold him....each person a certain square foot for h/s reasons....
I loved the corn snakes best though.So cute!!

Back