• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly things you've said to your rabbit

What a great thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
I feel so much better knowing that we all say (and sing!!) very silly things to our bunnies, and that it's not just me!!!
Mine get called all sorts of soppy names, mainly sausage or munchkin face and I say things like "can mummy have a cuddle?" and "does baby want nosey rubs?" in the most silly baby voice :oops: :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol:.

:D This thread is brilliant! I have laughed so much, especially at fiona saying about the nasty people in the vets :lol: :lol:.

When i first greet the buns on a morning, i say 'Heeelllllooooo buns', and then go up to the benjamin and say 'Can i have a kiss?', and he will lick my nose for ages. :lol:

Then i will say 'Hello bun' and generally ask them what they are doing :oops:.

I also catch richie (bf) talking to them when he doesnt know i am there. Its really funny. He will say 'Aww the little bunny', and then give them a kiss. :lol: :lol: He does call Opal, 'Opal fat head' though :roll: :roll:, but she is his favourite.

yep, other half does it too (although he does tend to say that it's me that makes them go to the vets, and I'm a nasty bunny mummy:roll: )

We tend to call them nick names too (fatso and tubbs, they're not fat really and trouble and strife) However they always get a good night kiss, I tell them how yummy their hay is (whilst making smacking lips noises:oops: ) and will try to wiggle my nose at them, sometimes it works, sometimes they just look at me in disgust.

We also take turns feeding them, so neither of us is their favourite and make an effort not to fuss one more than the other three. If one is poorly they are all told to look after them, be nice and make sure they are good!

God knows what the neighbours think. Or anyone who comes to do any work in our house as I will sit out with the buns explaining exactly what mummy and daddy are having done, why and how long it will take as well as saying they should ignore the rude man who didn't pay them any attention. However it must be catching as both sets of parents will also do the same!!

Keep the bunny songs coming. I need some more ideas - my buns are bored of the songs I sing them! I keep singing them that song from Evita that goes 'would you like a college education?', which gets changed to 'would you like a bunny education?' I can't believe I'm admitting to this!!

Mine go off to Buniversity, pronounced exactly the same as University, just with the B at the beginning! They like putting nets up in their new hutches, whenever they get them, and their bunny shed is now known as "The Department of Current affairs!" Alot of the pressing bunny issues are thrashed out in there, like the price of carrots!

Louise I am gonna try that "you are my bunnies" song!

My bloke thinks I'm daft, although not for talking to my pets for for calling after my guinae pig Acorah Chan....Far too easily influenced oh and my other piggy is dandy chan.

So things I say to my bunny...
No no no, we have to go sleepy now. No, back to your cage.
Sowwie sweety I get you out when I get back I promise.
Now now you have to eat your medicine, I know. I know, but it will make you feel all better. Come on now don't be fussy...

haha i saw this and i'm not saying things to narcisa right now, but she's sitting by my speakers right now and we were listening to Your Song by Elton John, and i serenaded her :) now i'm listening to Blood Red Summer by Coheed and Cambria and i can't tell which one she liked better.

oh well.

i don't think she'd appreciate AFI too much :p :lol: maybe queen?

What a good thread :lol:

Often times whenever I reaaaallly want Crue's attention or just want to talk to him, I'll wail "Cah-woooooooo!" "Cah-woooo bun!" "Cahwoo bun bun bun"

Anthony thinks I'm crazy.. Crue apparantly likes it because he'll come right out of his hutch and see what I'm wailing about. Perhaps he thinks I'm injured :lol:

Back