• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly things you've said to your rabbit

Yes, I talk to mine. I even go a step further as to sing to them.

When it's salad time, I sing (tune of Monday night football) "Are you ready for some salad...some really green salad". :D

And to Pooples, he would never use the litter box in his cage, he would wait till I let him out and use the one in the room. He's out all the time now.
But his song is "Poople head, Poople head, poops in a box but not in his bed".

Needless to say my husband thinks I'm a nut :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's okay......WE don't think you're a nut!!!;) :lol:

*runs off to compose a song for bunnies*

Yeah, I say the wierdest things too. Like when I'm feeding them, I say to my Ginger "Hey widdle baby, mommy's going to give you some hay now, I hope it doesn't hurt your poor little teeth" and I tell them everything that I'm doing. It's so embarrassing! :oops:

I'm so glad you posted this, as I thought we were a bit loopy talking to Bertie!
I have got into a bad habit of calling him 'Possum', and when he's naughty, he gets a talking to - My OH teases him, telling him he'll go back to the vets if he dosen't behave!

My mother-outlaw is staying for a month at the mo, and when i came back from work the other day I overheard her telling him about Emmerdale :lol: :lol: :lol:

gosh I never shut up! :lol: :oops:
but then I have always taked to my animals..- its normal isnt it :roll: My whole family does it - My mum does especially to Isaac...
She tells him how lovely he is.
I talk to them loudly and more when they are in the garden playing *more to scare off foxes* :lol:
And I am always telling them how pretty they are and oh yeah telling them they cant do this or that! :lol: - they listen.... I know they do, and the know exactly what I mean to!

sootys real name is sausage - because he's a silly sausage who keeps climbing up things and can't get down. This usually means i have to rescue him saying "who's a silly sausage, whos a silly sausage"

I think sooty thinks his name is "dinner"

Our buns went to stay with the inlaws last night, so apart from the normal food chatter I told them to be good for granny and grandad, and that we loved them and would see them very soon. I also waved them off :oops:

However later I went to put on their light (so they can see:oops: ) and then went to say good night to them.

I also talk to them about what they are doing and will chatter nonsense if it is thundery and they are scared!

straight jackets everyone?!

I always tell them where I'm going, when I'll be back, what we're going to watch on tv/dvd :oops: Oh and to be good whilst I'm at work :)

Their least favourite is the talk about why mummy has to have her dinner before bunnies because otherwise mummy is going to fall over and then no one will get any dinner! :lol:

Last edited:
I always say helo and goodbye to them, tell them to be good bunnies, ask Gus to be nice to Poppy and not chase her, tell Poppy that Gus doen't mean to be mean, he's just a bit hungry :lol:

I also tell them to send vibes to other bunnies, like when me sisters bun Coco was ill, kept telling them to send eating vibes to Coco :oops: :oops: And I kept them updated on her progress.
If I'm going to see Eve I will tell them I'm off to see their Aunty Eve.

I do also say hello and goodbye to my fish...:oops:

im going to sounds mean now as i normally greet my buns by saing 'what have you two monkey butts been up to?' :oops: :oops: :oops: no idea why monkey butt though :? although cody is pumpkin butt so its obvioslu just what i say :lol: when i put them in their carrier to go to the vets i tell them how they are going to go and see a 'nice lady' and what special treats they can have when they get home :lol: :oops:

I do the goodnight thing, even telling Fred and Alice that "I am turning out the light now, time for bed". :oops:

Every Saturday morning, I ask Alice if she is ready to go and visit Nanny so I can put the hoover on and clean her cage. :lol:

Even my OH gets in on the act, every night he says "come on, clean poop tray time" :lol:

Hmmm yes god knows what our neighbours think eh :oops: I shan't say what I talk like to my buns far too embarrassing :shock:

Funniest thing is when I over hear Dave (OH) talking to them, especially Poppy, He calls her his baby and puts on a baby voice :lol: :lol:

I talk to mine all the time about everything so they have probably heard some very funny things!

I dread to think what the neighbours think of us, with my mum telling my dog to 'Hurry up' in a stupid voice every morning and me talking to the buns in an equally silly voice.:lol:

The names I call them...'bunsters', 'bunnikins' 'little woman' 'fat bun' 'ClooooooVE' 'Fudgey' silly ickle bun' 'bun bun'......need I go on:lol:

At least I will sound normal in this post!

Ours arn't called Holly and Alfie anymore its either 'gorgeous-one' and 'gorgeous-two' (I alternate whos who so they dont get a complex) or 'Holly-wolly-woodles' and 'Alfie-walfie-woo' - my OH started that one, hes as daft as me. :lol: :lol:

We have the morning and night time routine where they have to have a kiss from me and then I hold them for 'daddy' to kiss them goodnight as well. When we go anywhere and leave them I always tell them where and that we will be back soon and then follow it up with 'be good girls' or 'behave yourselves'. I have no idea why? Then there is the veg routine - thats always 'come and see what mummy/daddy's got for the babies".

Well I picked my little Clover up from her dental today and in full view of the waiting room shouted" Aww, hello my wee darling. Mummy has missed you" and then in front of the vet and vet nurses, accidentally proceeded to say "What have these nasty people done to you" :oops: :lol: :lol:

Back