• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly things you've said to your rabbit

You know the song Ruby by (is it?) The Kaiser Chiefs? One of my buns is called Midna, but I call her Middy for short. I sing Ruby to her, but with Middy lol, so sad.

I love that I am not the only crazy one! I once shouted out of the upstairs window, to Littlebun "you naughty bob tail, put those digging paws away!" Then I looked to see the neighbours were out, looking up at me confused. I also sing "Shake you bun bun, shake you bun bun" to them. I tell them I love them every night at veggie time, when I am making sure they have everything they need for the night. I think its all perfectly normal though, its only other people who don't.

On the subject of signing to buns, I may occassionaly sing.
"you are my bunnies, my only bunnies, you make me happy when skys are gray...etc" :oops:

I talk to my lot all the time, like everyone else. I don't think it's strange.

I always say good morning and because we're plagued with tummy trouble at the moment, I thank them for eating their food (so mummy doesn't have to take them to the vet)!

I always tell them to have a good day and not to get up to too much mischief. If I'm not going to be around to feed them, I tell them who will be. I always say goodnight to them and that 'I'll see them in the morning' (so they don't die on me).

My neighbours do think I'm mad because I always say, loudly, what a beautiful bunny Smokey is and what a handsome rabbit Inky is! Even my parents talk to the rabbits, my dad watches them while he reads the paper in the morning and 'dubs' their conversations.

I talk to all animals though, when I go riding, I tell the horse I ride what sort of week I've had!

Keep the bunny songs coming. ;) I need some more ideas - my buns are bored of the songs I sing them! :lol: I keep singing them that song from Evita that goes 'would you like a college education?', which gets changed to 'would you like a bunny education?' I can't believe I'm admitting to this!! :oops: :lol:

Keep the bunny songs coming. ;) I need some more ideas - my buns are bored of the songs I sing them! :lol: I keep singing them that song from Evita that goes 'would you like a college education?', which gets changed to 'would you like a bunny education?' I can't believe I'm admitting to this!! :oops: :lol:
:lol: :lol: you should definatly try "you are my bunnies..." :lol: :lol:

Oh another song is that Mambo Italiano song, or whatever it's called - my version is quite spectacular: 'hey bun buns, bun buns furiano'. :oops: :oops: :lol:

I just tried the 'you are my bunnies' song on them. They looked at me as if to say 'thank God - a new song!'

You know the song Ruby by (is it?) The Kaiser Chiefs? One of my buns is called Midna, but I call her Middy for short. I sing Ruby to her, but with Middy lol, so sad.

Errrm well I have a bun called Reuben and I change the words to Reuben Reuben Reuben Reuben ahhhhha and sing it to him :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: you should definatly try "you are my bunnies..." :lol: :lol:

I just tried that one too - not sure if Rosie liked it, but I did :lol: I think she'll be hearing a bit more of it from now on :D

It's great to hear what everyone says to their bunnies - I don't feel quite so silly referring to a haircut as a 'fur trim' now :lol:

Oh, and my hubby has just told Rosie he's tired and he's off to lie on his vetbed soon :rolleyes:

I talk to my buns constantly, like they are children. Joe's parents are actually worried we won't have kids as we have so many animals :lol:

I used to sing a special rabbit song to my first rabbit, Benji. :oops: I was saw it on a childrens' TV programme... and it stuck in my head. I think it went:

Peter Rabbit's got a fly upon his nose.
So he flipped it & he flopped it,
& the fly flew away!

... only, I'd change the name to Benji.

... And it'd be best if I didn't own up to this, but: I also used to read the stories from Watership Down to Benji, too. I wanted her to know aaaall about El-hrairah. She was so good about it, too - she just came and flopped down beside me.

Ok I have just been singing to them and they werent very impressed :oops: :lol:

But when we bonded Trip and Scarlett and attempted bonding Buu and Beau me and my brother sat there pretty much the whole time singing love songs because we thought it might help :lol:

And when im telling them off I always explain what they have done and why im telling them off :roll: Like when Buu is trying to dig next door I will say no Buu, then im like you cant go in there sweetie because I cant see you and anything could happen, if you stay in our garden you are safe :oops: Then I run back over to her and go im sorry for telling you off its only because I love you. I know my neighbours already think im a bit strange so it doesnt really matter if they can hear me :D

And at the vets this morning I told Beau mummy had a headache while we were waiting and when I was paying the bill I said something like im just going to get 2 bags of timothy hay because your oat hay arrived yesterday. I didnt even really think about it and I have no idea if anyone was looking like what is she doing :oops:

Omg I have told mine the watership down stories too :lol:

Back