• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should i try just once more?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:wave: im finding it harder than i thought having my lounge split in two ith one pair at each end....if they hadnt have ever bonded as a foursome before i would just accept it..but i miss my frenchies being able to leap onto the doggy steps an smother us with bunny slobber..bertie always does bless him.

bif was the key to it all..willow gave up being nasty to her when bif stopped being nasty to willow..but bandit kept nipping her till just christmas eve.
but they did bond..all 4 of them....bif loved being between two masive bunies for warmth and protection..and she aodred having bandit with her..bUT it was over christmas...and the cats kept wrecking the tree 24/7 and i was sleeping on the sette every single night so i oculd be up woth them all....the cats and me yelling at em didnthelp..then my mum bless her really ground us down...it was worse than the first xmas without my dad....:cry:

all in all it failed on new years eve nealry midnite or just after..bif suddenly went mad and attacked willow consntantly......willow retreated for about half an hour then wouldnt take it anymore and retaliated..bif was also attacking bertie...her love at the time..and little bandit..her new other love.
i had to put her in a cat carrier with everything she needed and put the carrier in the pen so she would still be with the buns in case it was the fireworks that did it....
she was still like it..we tried taking her n willow out in the bunny mobile to rebond but it was very cold and failed miserably....then i saw her poops were very tiny..oh no. I seperated her from the others and put her in a cage alongside the pen so they could sniff thru the bars.
i took her to the vets and she had usual gi prob.....infestation of mites and eventually a dental trim too.......all meant she was unbonded..after she got sick bandit was having probs..he was fine and loved by both frenchies and he loved them..BUT he was peeing a lot and sitting in it..and he was amess..the vet made me separate him too and he went into the dog crate till i could re litter trian him..get the urine scold sorted etc.

i now relaise part of the prob was nowhere for the little uns to hide.they felt too much in the open and now i relaise the eyar or so bif n bertie were togheter thats why she was so clingy to him..she was terrified..
great two bunnies iwth agorophobia:roll:

now the tinies have a thistle hall hutch in our lounge..the frnechies ahd alovely big scooby doo tent but willows finally knackered it much to berties broken heart and disgust!
i was wondring shluld i ogve it one more go..and this time if and whent hey bond..leave the hutch open for the tinies to retreat to......and get another pop up tent for the frenchies so they can be all together or in their bonded pairs or alone as and when they need it?

bonding bif n bandit happened by letting them share some exercise space by both their cages..within a month or less they were fully bonded.

willow is a huge doe and bif is a doe of about mini lop to dwarf lop size....both territorial but this time theyd be bonding as two couples rather than one couple and 2 singles like they did last time.

advice please!!

hello?........anybody there?..........

please.............

tumbleweed.gif

Last edited:
Hi there- I'm not the best authority on bonding but I'd say health problems can be the cause of unbonding. Now that the health problems have been resolved I would give it another go but read up/ask advice on here before you do. I think Sooz has a bonded group of 15 bunnies-try her maybe in a pm? -good luck -Sue:wave:

:wave: ooh thank you sue!!

is anyone an expert:lol::lol:

mmm 15 buns....:faints: splitting up in those fights no joke:shock::lol:

ill do that..thank you.;)

Now that they are all back to being healthy, I would give it another go. Find some neutral territory and over a few days off get going, hopefully by the end of that time they will be good with each other.

:( sadly we are without any neutral territory now and cannot take them all over my mums every day as they can smell her housebun!

used to use a playpen/travel cot as the bonding area.....but old towels and wee wee pads couldnt cope with the wees!!:lol: might have to use it again tho.
if weather was dry i could use a pet playpen out there but the frenchies have roamed around and the littlies were in a pen everytime theyve been out there since cat proofing was done......which isnt much as the grass has been so wet lately.

brick wall..my head...bamg bang bang:lol:

Back