• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Should I let my baby go or keep fighting? U/D He has gone :,(

I know it must have been really hard, but you've made the right decision and he's at peace now. I know how hard it is to lose beloved pets, I've had a few go recently. :cry: Sending positive vibes you way. xxx

:cry: im so sorry, you have freed him from anymore pain and suffering now, although I know the loss will be hard, you have done the right thing, you knew him best xxx

I am so sorry :cry: you and Digby have both been very brave.

Binky free Digby xxx

Sending you a bug hug xxx

My heart goes out to you. Sending a big hug. I'm so sorry for the loss of a much loved bunny.

-What a wonderful 'mummy' you have been to Digby! Getting a rabbit to 9 with health problems does not just happen - you have clearly been there for him. You are right - people on here really do 'get it' we all love our buns in a way that so many people dont understand.
Take time to grieve and make sure you talk lots about Digby. We are all here to listen to your stories.
Take care xx.

Digby will have lots of friends over at rainbow bridge but probably not my special Tillie - she will be the one glaring at everyone else!! :love: :roll: :love:

:cry:I am so sorry for your loss. It is never an easy decision but as others have said it is an act of love. Thinking of you xxx

I'm so sorry :cry: I think you did the right thing for Digby, he is in no pain now. Sending hugs xx

Your post brought tears to my eyes :cry:
RIP little Digby xx

And mine. You did all you could for little Digby and he knew how loved he was. Think of him playing with all the other bridge bunnies and out of pain.

So sorry for your loss. x

I am so sorry for your loss. I will only echo others when I say he was obviously a very well loved and lucky bun. Binky free at the bridge little fella.

Back