• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

sherlock attacked orion

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
after the vets for orions routine check up I brought them to play in the pen which allows them to run in and out of the house onto the grass.

I always shove sherlock away as he attacks them.

for some reason my mom thought it would be fine to let them interact and sherlock full on attacked at his neck.

ori is now super stressed and keeps lying down and won’t eat :(

I can’t see any wounds. i think he’s just scared.

i’ve tees herbs and fruit but he doesn’t want it.

we were literally at the vets this morning.

I don’t know what to do :/

ae63c64614cf0e8691afdfd887503f63.jpg

guess i’ll just keep an eye? I don’t know [emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor lad

I would make sure that Sherlock is well out of sight/smell/sound of Orion and try to just observe Orion from a distance with regards to input/output. Later this afternoon have a very thorough check of both Bunnies. 'Fresh' bite wounds can be easy to miss, especially puncture wounds. But after a few hours the damaged area will harden and be easier to feel. The throat/genitals/ears/eyes are areas to pay particular attention to.

Sending calming vibes xx

What sort of animal is Sherlock It might make a difference with how to react. eg of Sherlock is a cat I would be worried about bacteria from potential bite wounds and a higher degree of shock than being attacked by a fellow rabbit.

What sort of animal is Sherlock It might make a difference with how to react. eg of Sherlock is a cat I would be worried about bacteria from potential bite wounds and a higher degree of shock than being attacked by a fellow rabbit.

Oh, I was assuming that Sherlock is a Rabbit ?????

If not then I would definitely seek Veterinary advice this afternoon

he’s my parents overly spoiled cat.

I’ve returned them to the pen and made it dark. he just wants to hide and lay down. think he thinks death is coming for him, vet appointment and now this!!

i’ve been sat with him and he came and snuggled next to me.

I’ve had to go walk the dog but bf is with him. BF just texted to say he took half a fenugreek crunchie and is currently cuddled up to him. he’s not usually this affectionate.

i can’t say if he had claws out but he didn’t manage to bite him as I already yelled at sherlock by that point. there may be no wound, I hope. but he had paws around his neck and was heading for a bite (to which my mother stood there doing NOTHING as her cat attacked my rabbit, and she was far closer than I was).

yes, I’m annoyed :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cat scratches can be nasty I'd get him to a vet ASAP, sorry to be brief xx

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

:cry: I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a wound or wounds. I’d take him to the vets to be checked out if I were you. Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

tbh it freaks me out seeing cats living with rabbits. same with dogs and rabbits.
even if it seems OK, imo something is bound to happen sooner or later. obviously this isn't always the case but it's impossible to see into the future.

really hope Orion is OK. good job someone was present to prevent something more serious happening :( .

Back