• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

separated my buns...what now?

As they are girlys i'd be inclined not to worry as much as they have been together since being very young successfully.

Some of my does who are neutered scuffle for dominance and this is just because they are asserting there position in the hierachy.

I would keep them in your room and if you get woken up with any scuffling and think it's not working out, then seperate.

When is the neuter?

I had two girls that came in that were scuffling before they came in but they calmed down straight after the op.

I actually disagree, as the chasing/fighting is due to hormones rather than dominance issues I don't think things will improve until they are neutered, I would separate them, but so they can still see/smell each other until they are both spayed and recovered, rebonding shouldn't be too much of a problem, however if a fight does break out it will make rebonding harder.

Sorry it must be hard when people give you different opinions, but people always have different ways of doing things, with two young hormonal females I would always err on the side of caution.

Back