• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scooby can't eat

Scooby had his dental last night. He had a loose tooth which seems to be the main reason he couldn't chew, it was one of the middle lower molars. He did have spurs on his teeth, but they weren't actually that bad. He's had the loose tooth removed and the sharp edges burred. The tooth came out quite easily, but we'll have to keep an eye on how the opposing upper tooth wears. Also one of his incisors has decided to start growing back. I don't know exactly how old Scooby is, but I'd guess he's no more than 2 years. I was surprised that a young rabbit would have a loose tooth.

I'm just waiting for another update. Hopefully he's eating and pooing and will be able to come home this morning.

Thanks for the vibes and good wishes everyone.

:) sounds relatively straightforward at least. Fingers crossed it doesn't cause him any further problems.

Ditto the above. I wonder if the spurs developed as his eating slowed because of the loose tooth.. in which case *maybe* it won't be a regular occurrence.... hopefully.

Scooby had his dental last night. He had a loose tooth which seems to be the main reason he couldn't chew, it was one of the middle lower molars. He did have spurs on his teeth, but they weren't actually that bad. He's had the loose tooth removed and the sharp edges burred. The tooth came out quite easily, but we'll have to keep an eye on how the opposing upper tooth wears. Also one of his incisors has decided to start growing back. I don't know exactly how old Scooby is, but I'd guess he's no more than 2 years. I was surprised that a young rabbit would have a loose tooth.

I'm just waiting for another update. Hopefully he's eating and pooing and will be able to come home this morning.

Thanks for the vibes and good wishes everyone.

Good news Tracy :D

Scooby is home. He is very 'quiet' and won't eat or drink. I've syringe him some critical care and also a little water. He ate and passed poos at the vets, but he's not doing at home so far. I'll see how he goes over the next few hours, hopefully he'll perk up later as it's still quite soon after his GA.

Scooby is home. He is very 'quiet' and won't eat or drink. I've syringe him some critical care and also a little water. He ate and passed poos at the vets, but he's not doing at home so far. I'll see how he goes over the next few hours, hopefully he'll perk up later as it's still quite soon after his GA.

Vibes for Scooby. I hope Minnie is looking after him?

Vibes for Scooby. I hope Minnie is looking after him?

Yes, she's a very good bunny partner, she's always grooming him. :love: Her devotion doesn't extend to feeding time though, she thinks nothing of snatching food out of his mouth. :roll:

Yes, she's a very good bunny partner, she's always grooming him. :love: Her devotion doesn't extend to feeding time though, she thinks nothing of snatching food out of his mouth. :roll:

You know I had a feeling you would say that!

Just too much to ask of a girl ... <sigh>

Paws crossed for Scooby. Just seen he's still poorly on the other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending nomming vibes try grated carrots mabel isn't allowed carrots but when you want then to eat you try everything

Last edited:
I hope all goes well for Scooby at the vet's today x

Thanks. :wave:

We're back from seeing the vet. He is starting to go into stasis, thankfully not as bad a couple of months ago when he had an impacted stomach. We have Zantac and cisapride and are continuing with metacam, syringe feeding and fluids (by mouth). His mouth looks fine, so shouldn't be causing much discomfort.

Poor lad, he looks very sorry for himself but hopefully the motility drugs will kick in very soon and he'll start to feel better. We have another appointment booked for Tuesday for a check up, but if he doesn't start to improve then we have to take him straight back.

What a worry this lad is.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone :wave:

Sending bomming vibes try grated carrots mabel isn't allowed carrots but when you want then to eat you try everything

He sometimes has carrot cut into little cubes as a treat and he currently refusing that. I'll give it a try grated instead.

Back