• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scooby can't eat

Thanks for the good wishes everyone :wave:

He sometimes has carrot cut into little cubes as a treat and he currently refusing that. I'll give it a try grated instead.

I give grated apple and porridge oats mixed together. Sometimes a nibble of coriander and rose leaves helps.

I hope he feels better soon x

I give grated apple and porridge oats mixed together. Sometimes a nibble of coriander and rose leaves helps.

I hope he feels better soon x

Grated apple would be a good idea. He loves it, but only gets it as a rare treat. He's got coriander, parsley and various other veg.

Of course, the food doesn't stay around for long as Minnie comes and pinches it from under his nose as soon as my back is turned. :roll:

Grated apple would be a good idea. He loves it, but only gets it as a rare treat. He's got coriander, parsley and various other veg.

Of course, the food doesn't stay around for long as Minnie comes and pinches it from under his nose as soon as my back is turned. :roll:

Grated parsnip also goes down well with my lot.

I have a strategy whereby I call one of them by name to eat on his/her own (if necessary). That way I can feed them pretty much independently. No good for you right now, if they don't oblige :lol:

Thanks everyone. :wave:

Scooby is a little brighter this morning, so I think the medication is doing its stuff. He has done quite a few poos overnight, so things are now moving through.

He doesn't trust me at the moment as I'm the horrible person who keeps squirting nasty medicine into his mouth. He wouldn't even look at his breakfast until I moved away, so I'm having to spy on him from a distance. Once I had moved away, he came forward and sniffed his breakfast and then had a little nibble, not much but at least it's a start.

Thanks everyone. :wave:

Scooby is a little brighter this morning, so I think the medication is doing its stuff. He has done quite a few poos overnight, so things are now moving through.

He doesn't trust me at the moment as I'm the horrible person who keeps squirting nasty medicine into his mouth. He wouldn't even look at his breakfast until I moved away, so I'm having to spy on him from a distance. Once I had moved away, he came forward and sniffed his breakfast and then had a little nibble, not much but at least it's a start.

Small beginnings - I hope things get better as the day gets on, Tracy :)

Back