• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scooby and Rachel, bonding has commenced

Glad to hear the bond is going well, I still have everything crossed that it continues. Sounds like it's going to be the ideal set up: Rachel the battle axe and Scooby the hen pecked husband! This time tomorrow she'll probably have him in a pinny doing the ironing!

:lol:

I was hoping you would do a thread when you bonded these two.

My Morris is part wild and had had "issues" with people and other rabbits in the past anyway(unsuitable home)His bunny social skills were worrying when we first bonded him with Rosie but she was calm and sweet with him and he learnt to trust her and now loves her very much.Her patience was useful though:)
Anyway it sounds like Scooby will be the ideal husbun with his calm nature.

Lots of luck!

:lol:

I was hoping you would do a thread when you bonded these two.

My Morris is part wild and had had "issues" with people and other rabbits in the past anyway(unsuitable home)His bunny social skills were worrying when we first bonded him with Rosie but she was calm and sweet with him and he learnt to trust her and now loves her very much.Her patience was useful though:)
Anyway it sounds like Scooby will be the ideal husbun with his calm nature.

Lots of luck!

Yes I think Scooby's nature has helped, he is a calm and sweet little rabbit and hasn't pestered Rachel at all.

I saw Rachel in 'Rabbits in Need' and really felt for her as she was definitely one of those difficult to home bunnies and she had been in rescue for well over a year. I had a feeling that a rabbit with Scooby's personality could perhaps be good for her, so we decided to take a chance on Rachel.

Last night we noticed that Scooby and Rachel were sitting side by side on their hideout. They're spending a lot of time snuggled together quite closely, so I really think we have cracked it. :love: I have a couple of snuggly photos taken last night which I will put on later.

I can't put into words how rewarding it is to see such a shy and private ittle girl happily and confidently enjoying her new life with Scooby. :love:

Yes I think Scooby's nature has helped, he is a calm and sweet little rabbit and hasn't pestered Rachel at all.

I saw Rachel in 'Rabbits in Need' and really felt for her as she was definitely one of those difficult to home bunnies and she had been in rescue for well over a year. I had a feeling that a rabbit with Scooby's personality could perhaps be good for her, so we decided to take a chance on Rachel.

Last night we noticed that Scooby and Rachel were sitting side by side on their hideout. They're spending a lot of time snuggled together quite closely, so I really think we have cracked it. :love: I have a couple of snuggly photos taken last night which I will put on later.

I can't put into words how rewarding it is to see such a shy and private ittle girl happily and confidently enjoying her new life with Scooby. :love:

:love::love::love:

I understand this completely, especially right now :love:

No bun should be lonely at Christmas :love:

That's such a fantastic update :D:D:D I was so worried that Rachel would never find a home or a friend. In over 100 buns she's definitely the most special bun we've ever had here, I've never met a bun like her.

So happy for them both!

:love::love::love:

I felt this with my Morris.He could have so easily been bought for a child and then when it was found that he didn't "do humans"been left in a hutch as he was in a previous home.Im his third "owner" hes not the easiest bun but since he has been bonded with lovely Rosie he is much less insular and will now not run and hide when he sees me.

I will definitely be watching progress.Bonding vibes.x

I think you should give yourself a very big pat on the back with what you have achieved with Scooby and Rachel. I sense that this could so easily have gone horribly wrong, but your instinct told you the best way to proceed with these rabbits, particularly Rachel. What a difference this will make to their lives :D Coupled with the fact that you are not feeling particularly well at the moment ! I'm impressed :thumb:

Back