• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Savoy cabbage

H & H love savoy cabbage, I like to give them a mixed diet but tend to give them quite a lot of green leafy veg - savoy cabbage, tenderheart cabbage, spring greens - as I've been told this is best for them :)

I was told by my breeder to only feed the dry rabbit food and to give no fresh veg at all. I'm not an expert but surely including veg can only be good for them. I've been introducing it slowly as I don't want to upset him tummy. He just lurves carrots :rabbit2:

I do also give him ½ a weetabix as recommended by breeder as a treat once a week and he loves it. Your opinions, good and bad on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Unless your bunny is underweight i wouldnt worry about the weetabix personally. Just stick with hay, pellets, and some lovely veg that they are used to.. green leafy veg is good for them such as cabbage, kale, broccoli, parsley, coriander, celery, rocket, watercress etc

Back