• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orchard hay (Timothy.hay.co.uk) and Ings hay

Zigzag

Alpha Buck
Hi

Does anyone feed their bunnies Orchard hay from Timothy.hay.co.uk? Does it go down well?

Also how about Ings hay?

Thanks

Rumaana

Hi

Does anyone feed their bunnies Orchard hay from Timothy.hay.co.uk? Does it go down well?

Also how about Ings hay?

Thanks

Rumaana

I haven't had Ings hay for a few years, but from memory it was nice as it had a few wildflowers in it. It's organic too.

Orchard hay was not popular with mine, although good quality and looks lovely. I think because it isn't stalky and is more like a meadow hay imo.

I have fed a blend of orchard grass and timothy from Oxbow to mine. The orchard grass is not as stalky, though sometimes the timothy hay is less stalky too, depending on the cutting.
It depends on the bunny. My younger bunnies like Timothy, yet eat everything, my ten year old likes the timothy seed heads and less stalky hay. My eight year old has genetic dental issues so it varies. He gets a botanical hay.
Can you buy a small quantity to test on your bunnies?

Thank you for your suggestions. I’m going through a phase where I want to buy a wider variety of hay, but whenever I do this they never eat it, and it goes to waste!

Omi- my bunnies didn’t like Orchard either. But they loved the Burns hay, which isn’t available anymore. I think that was oat hay though.

Bunny momma is oxbow expensive in the US? We used to give this when I first got bunnies, but it costs a fortune here, and isn’t very good for the environment.

I think I’ll probably stick with what I’ve got!

I miss that M&T rye hay. My buns used to love Burns green oat hay too - esp the sickly & elderly ones.

I bought their Orchard once - remember it feels quite abrasive & very green but soft. Mine can't have been too fussed or I'd have bought it again

I like that Ings is Organic (& quite local to me). Graham is lovely - he did a mixed order for me so I didn't have to buy piddly amount or be overwhelmed with too much
I think I'll buy Ings next - not sure Eddy has tried it yet

The m and T hay is still available it’s just extortionate- their prices have doubled. Perhaps I should get some anyway!

Yes I didn’t think their orchard was too good either, it’s always a bit sh£tsie when you buy hay they don’t eat.

Do you happen to know how big the Ings hay box- the 4.5 and 9kg? Just trying to compare it with the Timothyhay.co.uk. What did he mix it with? Can’t decide between the meadow or Timothy.

Zigs isn’t eating much hay today.

its stressful when elderly / sick buns refuse their hay. I get a lot less variety if all bunnies eat hay well but get obsessed with buying it when they are struggling. Well wishes for Zigs

When I got the 3 types it was ages ago & still in plastic

Vt7Ys7pm.jpg

its stressful when elderly / sick buns refuse their hay. I get a lot less variety if all bunnies eat hay well but get obsessed with buying it when they are struggling. Well wishes for Zigs

When I got the 3 types it was ages ago & still in plastic

Vt7Ys7pm.jpg
[/IMG]

Is that Boo on quality control :D

Back