• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Rabbit Survey

:censored: i just did it all, but went to click finish on the page with the screen saver and my pc went nuts! does this mean it didnt go through?

I had an email back to say the survey is definitely being saved it's just the bit where it directs you back to the RSPCA website afterwards that's sometimes not going right.

They've had hundreds of entries already so you are doing a good job of passing it around :D

I think diet and accommodation have the biggest effect on individual rabbits welfare. Getting people the information about it before they get a rabbit is probably the biggest issue that needs solving.

I think it will be interesting to see how many rabbits' primary careers are children. If that's a high proportion then education through things like cartoons might be more effective. It's a bit of a scary thought but it could be that children are a big portion of the rabbit owning population that are making decisions about diet etc. so education needs to be tailored towards them.

:wave: Not around much now but, got this on FB through MMC and completed aswell. Lets hope they take some notice!:)

Having had nothing whatsoever to do with rabbits before I bought Suki in June, I was astounded how cheap they were - 20 quid - in relation to (particularly) dogs or cats. I was preparing to pay like a couple of hundred pounds :oops:

Another thing I wondered - why can you buy rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters etc in pet shops but not dogs or cats? (I remember the days when puppies and kittens were in pet shops!)

Kittens are sold in my local pet shop. Chaged in a like parrot cage or something. It's the only place i can buy SS so i buy in bulk and often run out in tears.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. What do you believe is the biggest welfare concern facing rabbits today?
I put 'Ignorance'

It costs extra to get a licence to sell cats/dogs and there are rules about space needed to house them etc. so most pet shops don't sell them. I think I read in the RWA mag they were helping to revise pet shop guidelines on housing rabbits atm.

Back