• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Rabbit Survey

I put about pet-shops and the backyard breeders who stock them and why petshops shouldn't sell live stock in a nutshell.

I said this for welfare.

For a campaign I said that I wanted to see the state of the buns that are rescued. I think they should show the horrific details in an attempt to put people off. Don't sugar coat it! !! animals are dying!!!

I have completed the survey :D I put housing size sold in pet retailers as the main welfare concern (although there are so so many) as I think that we pretty much 'know' that a vast proportion of rabbit owners most likely source their rabbits from pet shops/garden centres etc and these places DO NOT sell any suitable housing :evil:

Hopefully the RSPCA will put this information to good use!!

I said this for welfare.

For a campaign I said that I wanted to see the state of the buns that are rescued. I think they should show the horrific details in an attempt to put people off. Don't sugar coat it! !! animals are dying!!!

Problem is that when you show something which is too horrific people shut their minds to it, or so I was told many years ago when I was doing a psychology degree.

Thanks everyone.. I'll send an email about the error message, hopefully the survey still goes through.

Completed it too :) I got the screensaver too, and its well cute! :love:

Done and posted.

I just hope that they actually use the information sensibly and listen to the comments and not just the figures.

Our of interest, for those who have completed it, what did you say was the biggest single thing to affect future rabbit welfare?

I put lack of decent sized accommodation available in pet shops. I mean, facts are, the majority of the general public will get their rabbits from pet shops, therefor, the pet shops should sell suitable accommodation for them.

I did it too :wave:
I said people ought to be made aware that rabbits are not an 'easy' pet , the amount of proper care and attention and expense make them unsuitable, I feel, to be a novice or first pet.

i've tried 6 times now and got the whole 'cannot find the survey you are responding to' error.

I've tried with 4 different browsers, from 3 different internet connections. I think the RSPCA don't want my opinion :(

ETA: the 6 times i posted about was before i ETA'd the 2nd response.

i've tried 6 times now and got the whole 'cannot find the survey you are responding to' error.

I've tried with 4 different browsers, from 3 different internet connections. I think the RSPCA don't want my opinion :(

It does make you paranoid, doesn't it? :(

It does make you paranoid, doesn't it? :(

im sure i know why its not working...

The webserver its hosted on is using session id's to track responses. They probably have the timeout set way too low on session expiry... I timed myself, it took approximately 3 minutes to complete it and i did pause a couple of times, to fill in the 'comments' boxes.

But thats from an external to their systems view from someone who knows about rubbish like that :roll:

Back