• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP Maia

I just saw your other thread and this one.
I am so sorry for you.

You did everything you could and you couldn't have done anything more.

Sometimes the people and animals we love only grace this earth for a short time. They are here, give us a great amount of love and joy and are loved equally in return then they have to leave us to be somewhere else in the universe.
I lost my Edwin last year and felt terrible guilt over it. But I know he is with my grandad somewhere now, being loved. Everything on earth is born out of the elements of dying stars, and I like to think that when things leave this earth, that is where they return.
Maia will be binkying free somewhere and missing you just as you miss her.

You looked after your bunny so much better than I did when I was 16. Be proud that you are so learned and bunny savvy and one day you will give another bun a wonderful home.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I've felt guilt too about the way a pet dies, it does get easier in time, just remember it wasn't your fault. She might just have had something wrong inside that you couldn't have predicted would happen. x

Oh no :( How awful. I am so sorry she has gone. Bunnies get ill so quickly, even noticing things early and getting treatment can't always save them. They are so very delicate.

The pain and sadness of losing an animal never really goes away. I lost Ellie (one of my buns) over 2 years ago and I still feel gutted about it. The difference is that you start to accept that they are gone. You just have to move on and concentrate on other things. Maybe you could adopt a pair of bunnies from a rescue in the future when you feel ready, but for now, just grieve. x

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful girl :cry: I know it's difficult not to blame yourself, I still beat myself up over Boris' death even though I know deep down that there was nothing I could've done to save him. RIP little Maia :(

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave Maia a happy life and cared for her well. Sometimes things just aren't meant to be, and there's nothing you can do to change that :cry:. Thinking of you xx

Back