• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rex with cardiac problems U/D Good news!

Bonus pic, although you have probably all seen it before.
4-6-2010044.jpg

She's beautiful. Poor little bunny ill with so many things. Sending healing vibes for her xxx

Big (((((hugs))))) to you xx

Does she have much snot at all? I saw this little plastic tube gadget on This MOrning yesterday that you pop in the baby's nose and you suck the other end and all the snot comes out and is collected in the tube (not your mouth). I wonder if it could be used for bunnies too? Maybe worth looking into or asking your vet - just if she has lots of snot. :)

:love::love: Gorgeous, Get well soon xx
get well soon :wave:

Thank you :D

She's beautiful. Poor little bunny ill with so many things. Sending healing vibes for her xxx

Big (((((hugs))))) to you xx

Does she have much snot at all? I saw this little plastic tube gadget on This MOrning yesterday that you pop in the baby's nose and you suck the other end and all the snot comes out and is collected in the tube (not your mouth). I wonder if it could be used for bunnies too? Maybe worth looking into or asking your vet - just if she has lots of snot. :)

Actually, she has none. Which the vet says is a good sign so I hope it stays that way. I'm a bit concerned that she's ill just before the weekend as my very good vet is shut. :( Thank you for the vibes.

She has just tucked into a bowl of hay :roll: That bowl of hay cost me a £70 vet trip!

So glad you got her seen too- sorry to panic you and for the expensive vet bill- i was just sure something was seriously wrong. Glad you have got her on meds now. loads of vibes and hugs for you both xx

So glad you got her seen too- sorry to panic you and for the expensive vet bill- i was just sure something was seriously wrong. Glad you have got her on meds now. loads of vibes and hugs for you both xx

No, you were right, I'm not bothered about the money so long as my little girl is okay. I was panicking anyway!

Poor girl :cry:

Did the Vet have a good listen to her heart ?

Emmm, I'm not sure. He had a good listen with his stethoscope all the way around her chest, that was when he said about the air still getting into her lungs. He said that rabbit lungs are very small compared to the size of the bunny and that the heart took up a chunk of that space, but that was the only time he mentioned it. I assume he'd have said if there was something to worry about?

Just wondering...we got home and the first thing she did was start eating. She's only had the injections half an hour before, would they work that fast?

When we got in, the first thing she did was get out of the box, jump off the table, over my shoulder and hit the floor. The vet said it was the most spectacular rabbit jump he's seen

Glad to see she was still causing trouble, even when she was really poorly!

Sending lots of healing vibes to your norty, beautiful girlie.

:)

I see that Jane asked about her heart, and it would have been my first question too.

The rabbits we have in the sanctuary that are on heart meds all present in a similar fashion in that they hold their heads high and back to get in as much air as possible.

Definately worth getting the vet to recheck her heart on Monday, so hopefully you can rule that out.

Lots of get well vibes for her.x

^ I'm sure Donna said that about Pearl too, when she had her heart problems.

I'm glad your girl is well in herself though and that there was no immediate emergency :)

Can I be nosy and ask how to pronounce her name? :oops:

^ I'm sure Donna said that about Pearl too, when she had her heart problems.

I'm glad your girl is well in herself though and that there was no immediate emergency :)

Can I be nosy and ask how to pronounce her name? :oops:

I was wondering about the pronunciation as well. Am I right in thinking she's a BARC bunny? I like to take a special interest in them as our two are BARCs too :D

Back