• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescued bun

shelley1977

Warren Scout
Hi,i managed to get this bun from a breeder who said she stopped breeding!
I have an appointment at vets next week for her but im hoping to get some advice about her strange behaviour when i go out to see her.Instead of running away when she is scared she puts her bum down and kind of drags her legs.I was really worried when she first did this as i thought she had something wrong with her but i have seen her walk/hop fine.Does anyone know why she might do this? Is she scared because she was breed so much?
Thank you in advance for any advice x

Shelley

it could be but i would think its more likely that she has a possible infection as iv seen this in hamsters, is there any discharge underneath her or blood? i would get her vet checked asap hopefully it snothign serious though but be aware it could be pyometra(womb infection) cancer related, or even just sore and torn in general from when she was bred, also consider ec if dragging back legs i would give a 28day cours eof pannacur just to rue it out. glad she safe now and hope she has many happy years with you and its nothing major xx x

Back