• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reported a breeder

if you didn't see her website how did you find out about her?
and when you went there didn't you look around as her site shows one big rabbit shed..so they are all in together?:?

Sadly this is why rescues are fighting a losing battle..people buying form bybs and pet shops..then find probs..and unlike you thank goodness...dump their pets on us:(

if its the website that i have just found then she has a letter dated the 26th of january by a vet saying she has had an inspection and meets welfare standards 2006???

She was advertised on pets 4 homes website. I phoned her and she seemed really nice. I went along and fell in love with Sophie, someone else was buying her brother.
I thought that buying from a breeder would be better than a pet shop.
Believe me my buns are very well looked after, i'd never ever dump my babies, im worried about leaving them in boarding when i go on holiday but ive been assured from people on here that The bunnery (staffs) are wonderful :love:
and i'd go to a rescue if i had another rabbit, but at the moment the terrible Two i have are enough! :lol:

OMG The vet bit wasn't there this morning! It 'appeared' this evening :shock:

What you have to remember is she could well be on the forum or someone who knows her could be ;) - I expect that is made up anyway, if she was inspected by a 'vet' it would be the RSPCA having had concerns took a vet along, the problem is that for a vet or the RSPCA to intervene - things have to be really really bad in terms of emaciation or severe illness in the animals or they will just advise her. The law is non-existant in terms of enabling them to do anything else.

Bungle was BRC registered. He has terrible teeth and his fur is so fluffy it matts within seconds causing him pain as it pulls out.

He should never had been bred. BRC registration means nothing.

I second that, we took in Evie a rung english lop. She could hardly walk and had a deformed spine from being kept in horrific cramped conditions and being so over bred that the calcium was lacking in her bones. She had brain damage and cataracts :( And by the time she reached us she was incontinent.

She died at the age of 2 :cry::cry:

I have left the matter with the BRC, which from reading on here doesn't look like it will get me very far :evil:
I will give my Sophie the best care so hopefully she will be OK.
Her inscissors will probably have to be removed soon :cry:

At least she is now safe with you..keep on posted on the response from the BRC

and like Liz, we have had rung rabbits given in with awful genetic probs..wish people selling rabbits were banned form putting BRC reg in their adverts at if it guarantees something

in fact that would be worth getting the BRC to agree to..not letting sellers use their membership as bait

At least she is now safe with you..keep on posted on the response from the BRC

and like Liz, we have had rung rabbits given in with awful genetic probs..wish people selling rabbits were banned form putting BRC reg in their adverts at if it guarantees something

in fact that would be worth getting the BRC to agree to..not letting sellers use their membership as bait

I agree with you hun, it does make you believe your going to a reputable breeder, like the kennel club with dogs.

I think the kennel club is sadly another organisation that doesn't guarantee you are buying a healthy pet.

Back