• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reasons why we needed more vetbed(WARNING distressing photos

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments :D It's hard for a lot of people to understand about disabled buns and I know that the first thing that comes into people's heads is that the bun is in pain - but this is not always the case. You also have to remember that with love, good husbandry and medication to relieve pain then they can live comfortable lives and be happy :D
It breaks our hearts to see disabled buns but we are drawn to them - and we won't let them go without giving them a chance. Love is certainly the best healer of all and I can assure you that each and every bun that has been with us, that is here with us and that will come to us, will be loved so much :D :D
Tracey took both the buns to the vets as they have ulcerated eyes - they have got some treatment and yet the vet never said about them being put to sleep - that to me is a vet who understands that whilst a bun is fighting to live then let it live :D
One of our mottos is quality above quantity - now if these little ones are happy, then no matter how long they stay with us that is fine - if they decide that they cannot take any more then we will let them go - and they will go with all the love in the world.
Every living thing deserves a chance - so let them have it :D
I know that the picture was shocking - and even though we have seen some terrible sights we too where shocked. Believe me, we have actually seen worse than Oxo :(
Again, thank you for the lovely comments but we have to tell you that it is not down to us, it's down to the buns :D They all live happily due to wanting to - they all send out signals to new buns to say it's alright to be disabled, look at us :D
All we do is look after them - they are the ones that fight to live and love to live as well :D :D :D

Sue&Sooty said:
Mark and Shell said:
so by looking at a photo you can tell if he is in pain or not, yes the legs may not look nice but does this mean he should be given up on, have you ever attempted to go up and see the work jay and john do have you looked into the history and seen what they have acheived as they say never judge a book by its cover, scoot had some very bad disabilities but he lived a full and wonderful life with no pain and when it got too much for him he crossed to the bridge with the blessing of jay and john.
If you don't like it then don't bother looking

Bit harsh I think... everyone is entitled to an opinion ..some people believe in life at all costs and some don't :wink:

And thats my opinion so why is that harsh, will go now as don't want to ruin jays thread.

Of course not.. Jay and John do such a wonderful job and I am very glad that there is people like them and other wonderful people out there.

I can't wait to see the updates on these beautiful bunnies

saw first pic and said 'shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............'
poor little thing ! their all going to the right place.
can't believe that pic how terrible !

Their physical disabilities may never heal, but the mental ones will get pushed to the back of their minds, with all the love that Jay and John give them.

Love and laughter heal the mind.

I can't wait to see how these little babies settle into Ebony Eyes.

Brought some vetbed myself the other day for one of older ferrets. He had a major operation yesterday, and the scar incision is 3 inches long, and very sore. Does wonders, that stuff, for sore bits, and extra comfort!!

awww the little mites, especially oxo - and the baby as well, he doesnt look well either. i take it Fliss's wounds are as bad but u can't see them as under her in pic? You knw wht, my heart just bursts with love 4 every single 1 of them :love: .
When I 1st saw the pic of Oxo obv my immediate reaction was oh my, oh my god, how can he survive, & he looks so downheartened, with his head down and dull eyes, but who can say if this is due 2 the pain because of the disability, or because of the pain of the conditions he was in? I doubt tht a cardboard box, prob all wet and horrid, was the nicest place 2 have sore bits rubbing against, poor mite :cry:
I think it's gr8 tht they are obv now in the best possible place, I think only people who deal with bunnies with disabilities can comment on how well they can cope, and decide when the time is right 2 let the bun go. Others can only speculate and ths doesnt help the bun at all.
Lots of love and snuggles 2 the buns, I'm crossing fingers and toes that they pull through 2 have some sort of happiness with you, Best wishes x

raine said:
If any one would like to help, please click on their photo for the link.

I can only echo that ^^

You can tell Jay and Jhn do some fabulous work, you only need to read their website :wink:

Quick update

The babies arrived today and they are worse than their pictures but oh so brave and oh so wanting to live :D
Oxo has problems with his eyes as well as his legs and appears to have sight problems with one eye :(
Fliss looks to be blind in one eye and impaired vision in the other eye. Her legs are as badly crossed underneath as Oxo's :(
We will take them to the vet this coming week and see when they can be fitted in for x-rays on legs, back and head.
They have settled in no problem - we've had lots of cuddles, and Oxo licked me three times and I cried silent tears which fell on his head :oops:
They are both so very loving and no-one is ever going to hurt our babies or upset them - we will protect them with every breath in our bodies :D
Pics to follow later :D

Mark and Shell! OMG! As I said I would have appreciated a warning that photo is awful! Don't tell me it isn't! :( And how you said if I dont like it dont look..............I wish I hadn't :cry: There was no warning!!!!!

Jaypot said:
I understand your concerns Carys but Oxo had only just been rescued from a living **** in that picture :( His home was a cardboard box turned on it's side :( You would have no light in your eyes either :cry:
We have had many buns come to us in a bad way and the light doesn't look as though it is there, but believe me, if they want to live they fight and they become happy and contented :D
If you can't bear to look at his pictures then I understand - we will be getting him on Sunday along with Little Fliss who's legs are also twisted under herself.
This little boy has made it through 6 months, he deserves a chance at happiness and a chance to see that life can be good - he will be surrounded by other poorly buns who all send out the same message - "Life is wonderful when you let it be" :D

I am going to show you all some examples of a particular bunny - his name was Little Jack, he was our very first badly neglected bunny who was also an elderly bun. He was loved by so many people around the country and his memory lives on. He was in the most dreadful state and had no light in his eyes - it was heartbreaking :cry: :cry: but we had to give him a chance - he deserved that much.
This is Little Jack when we first got him - and his little face is heartbreaking I agree :cry:

littlejack259208.jpg

This is Little Jack after a couple of weeks of intensive nursing and just being loved to bits :D

[/img]
littlejack02.jpg

This is Little Jack with the love of his life - our darling Jemima - now see the difference in him? He was sooo happy and even though we lost him during a dental due to a heart attack, in the time he was here he had everything that we could give him.

jemimaandlittlejack211305.jpg

Little Jack is never away from us, he lives on in our hearts and many other people's hearts who saw his pictures :D That is what life is about - living as long as you are remembered :)

Hopefully, with love and devotion our little boy Oxo can get that light back in his eyes. The big difference with him coming here is he is wanted, and that means such a lot to buns - just like all buns waiting for homes - he's a bun that we see into - and it's so hard to explain.

I hope you understand why we take on the buns that we do - everyone deserves a chance to be happy - especially if they have never been happy before :)

Jay thank you so much for this. It is amazing! I hope you work wonders on these babies too, I am sorry if you took what I said the wrong way as others did but you took the time to explain your success stories, I really appreciate that! Thank you XX :D

so pleased to hear they have settled in and can't wait to hear all about them.
Oxo obviously wants to be with you Jay if he licked you!!! what a brave little boy! you really do have a way with them and they obviously feel safe now. give them a little kiss from me!

He must feel safe with you, poor little man. Did u get my email through your website Jay? Id like 2 send u some money either for Oxo, Fliss & the baby, or if they have 2 many sponsors, for ur bunny (who's name I can't remeber sorry :oops: ) who had all ribs broken being kicked but u's didnt find out for a while..........or both, whatever :D .

for ur bunny (who's name I can't remeber sorry Embarassed )

That'd be the lovely Rhia :wink: I met her last weekend and she is adorable, amazing that a bun can be so loving after all she's been through :cry:

It looks as if you can donate online now if you click the link to Oxo and Fliss at the top of the main EE page :wink:

just got back off hols and catching up on threads .

Seen this and have to say a big THANK YOU to Jay and John for taking these buns in for us .

Both Tracey and myself were devastated when we saw them . We both cried . We felt utterly helpless as we had never seen anything as bad .

i contacted ebony eyes initialy for advice and they imediatly offered them a home .

Im sure you ll do a far better job than we could have done and we will always be grateful . :)

Angie and Tracey

I think its fantastic you have given these 2 little mites a second chance well done to you both

This may seem like a daft question - if we make donations through paypal do they take a % or does it all go to Oxo and Fliss?

Back