• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really worried about Milo *UD 07/01*

I take that back he is brighter but won't take a crunchie which tells me something is wrong. Usually I have to re-count my fingers when feeding crunchies.

I take that back he is brighter but won't take a crunchie which tells me something is wrong. Usually I have to re-count my fingers when feeding crunchies.

Hope the vet trip gets to the bottom of this for you :wave:

Lots of vibes for Milo.

He's like a completely different bunny this morning. Bright and eating hay :) I will take him to the vets for a check up but he seems like he is back to normal.

Thats such good news :D! yes maybe if they just check his teeth are all ok, would at least put your mind at rest :wave:

o no =[ just read this.. hopfully the vet will be able to help him out bless him :( does sound teeth related, well casper was up and down when he had dental :(

Sending vibes for Milo. I hope all is well. I know what you mean about the crunchies - that's my test if either of mine give me cause for concern - a crunchie refused = immediate vet trip.

Hi all. We are back from the vet and he said GI Stasis :( He had a look at his teeth and said they were fine. We now have Metacam, Zantac and Lactulose. I have just put some metacam on his vegetables as the vet suggested but he won't touch them no :(

Also the vet thinks that he is a dwarf lop and not a french lop!

Hi all. We are back from the vet and he said GI Stasis :( He had a look at his teeth and said they were fine. We now have Metacam, Zantac and Lactulose. I have just put some metacam on his vegetables as the vet suggested but he won't touch them no :(

Has he had any fluids given, under the skin?

I assume its oral metacam then - Biscuit wouldnt take it on food and it had to be straight in, however difficult that can be.

Re him not being a frenchy, i mentioned that before i think - how much does he weigh do you know?

Lots of vibes for Milo.

o no! =[ casper hates metacam too, what i do is put a few drops on a teaspoon and some fruit juice (usally apple juice) put it in a syringe and squirt it down,now when he has stasis he even starts sucking the syringe now as he loves the taste of juice :lol:

Zantac also is not a nice taste according to casper so maybe fruit juice that too :)

And when casper has stasis i give him whatever he fancys, he usally starts off with a bit of fruit and warm mushy pellets then when he is happier he eats some greens and then adventually back to hay, try everything with him to get his gut moving :)

also keep a eye on his poops, if its his first time with metacam somtimes it can give them diarrhoea, it did with casper last time.

Hope all goes well keep us updates :wave:

Has he had any fluids given, under the skin?

I assume its oral metacam then - Biscuit wouldnt take it on food and it had to be straight in, however difficult that can be.

Re him not being a frenchy, i mentioned that before i think - how much does he weigh do you know?

Lots of vibes for Milo.

No fluids but I am to take him back on Friday if no improvement. I will be keeping an eye on him tonight.

It is oral metacam. Its only 2 drops so might be hard to give straight in :( What else could I put it on?

To be honest from a few weeks after we got him we suspected that he wasn't a French but a dwaft. He weighs 1.8kgs

Thanks for the vibes.

Is apple juice ok for them? If so I will run out to get some now. I also might pick up some herbs and fruit. I just want him to eat something.

Kind of scared about the side effects of the Zantac :( At least there is laminate under his cage extension and so easy to clean.

Is apple juice ok for them? If so I will run out to get some now. I also might pick up some herbs and fruit. I just want him to eat something.

Kind of scared about the side effects of the Zantac :( At least there is laminate under his cage extension and so easy to clean.

yes it will be fine :), not alot, only to take the taste away, its obviously not good for frequent use because of the sugar level :lol: i would try and find one with the lowest sugar, i get the kids fruit one thats 50 percent juice and the rest water and they come in handy little bottles. Yes anything he likes will be great :) try not to worry too much about the meds just keep a close eye if he has never had them before.

i was thinking this too, casper is a little bun he wieghs 1.6 KG and he has 6 - 7 drops

When Mini dislocated her hip our old vet told me to give her about 2 drops of cat metacam. When Smudge had his neuter my new vet prescribed about 0.5 ml of dog metacam. When he went into stasis I think he had 1ml.

I think some non-rabbit savvy vets just don't realise that rabbits can tolerate metacam in higher doses.

When Mini dislocated her hip our old vet told me to give her about 2 drops of cat metacam. When Smudge had his neuter my new vet prescribed about 0.5 ml of dog metacam. When he went into stasis I think he had 1ml.

I think some non-rabbit savvy vets just don't realise that rabbits can tolerate metacam in higher doses.

yes im given dog metacam :) yes i agree, although casper didnt tolerate his metacam well this time :( he had the snuffles and could have reall done with a anti imflammatory.. sadly he got diarrhoea from it, i think it was because before i have only given him metacam for a day or two where as his snuffles went on for longer :roll:

He wouldn't drink the juice with metacam but I have given him the other 2. Its a 2 man operation though. My OH holds him and I syringe feed him the medicine.

So far he hasn't eaten anything since we got home. He won't touch the carrot, kale or basil :(

Back