• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Really worried about Harvey UD he's gone

You know how sorry I am Lucy for the loss of your totally unique Harvey. Yesterday was my 2nd 'Remembering Roger' day since his leaving in 2012.

I had a private cremation for Roger at La wnhill, and I then found online a site called 'Angel's Meadow', where they do a beautiful gold rabbit necklace. It is designed for you to be able to put some of your pets ashes in it, and a glue is supplied to then permanently seal it, and I never take it of, as Roger is always then close to my heart xx

Just to update, Lilly will be starting her Panacur tomorrow so at least if it was this she'll be protected. Poor baby girl is so sad :(

I need to get her a friend soon but I just don't know where to start :( there are so many rescues and so many bunnies how can I choose just one? I feel guilty even thinking about it though, I just want Harvey back :( I promised him I'd take good care of his Lilly though and make sure she wasn't lonely

When I'm this sad the one things that cheers me up is cuddling Harvey and I can't do that :( I'd do anything just to have my favourite little man back :(

Just to update, Lilly will be starting her Panacur tomorrow so at least if it was this she'll be protected. Poor baby girl is so sad :(

I need to get her a friend soon but I just don't know where to start :( there are so many rescues and so many bunnies how can I choose just one? I feel guilty even thinking about it though, I just want Harvey back :( I promised him I'd take good care of his Lilly though and make sure she wasn't lonely

When I'm this sad the one things that cheers me up is cuddling Harvey and I can't do that :( I'd do anything just to have my favourite little man back :(

:cry:

I would leave it a little while before starting to look for a friend for Lily. Eventually perhaps she could choose her own friend. I believe some Rescues will do 'Bunny Dates'.

My heart goes out to you, I know how that feels :cry: I used to love going & sitting in the quads room, especially if I was upset, then Badger suddenly died one night like your Harvey & then it was too painful to go in there, but they were all that cheered me up. Hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My heart goes out to you, I know how that feels :cry: I used to love going & sitting in the quads room, especially if I was upset, then Badger suddenly died one night like your Harvey & then it was too painful to go in there, but they were all that cheered me up. Hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when Badger died :( I was really upset for you :( Lilly does cheer me up when she settles enough for kisses and nose rubs, but she's very unsettled now and doesn't feel up to too much of that :( I'm trying to leave her alone whilst that's what she wants and making sure I give her attention when she wants it (which is hard because unlike Harvey she doesn't demand it, just gives very subtle signs that she would like some fuss). I want to get her a bunny to love up to asap, I was thinking in 2-3 weeks, but I'm going to have to wait for at least 4 weeks just in case there was EC or anything else causing the problem

I just want to keep reliving the happy moments in my mind so they don't become fuzzy in my memory, but reliving them makes me cry :(

:cry: totally shocked to hear the sad news. Dear Harvey.xxx

My heartfelt condolences and thoughts are with you. Such a terrible shock.

Sending love and hugs at such a sad time. Nose rubs to Lilly.

Xxx

Lucy I'm so so sorry only just seen this as I haven't been online since yesterday.

I just can't believe it - I remember the video you posted of you giving Harvey nose rubs a while back - he was a real little character.
I know exactly how you feel as Mango went in a similar timescale just over a year ago (bloat). It will get easier, slowly.

You don't have to choose a new bun for Lilly straight away. Maybe give her a few days and see how she is. Tully was pretty much fine, so it ended up being about 6 weeks before he finally had a new friend. If she does seem lonely then I'm sure a rescue will help you to pick.

Thinking of you x

Thank you everyone, Harvey was just so special to me and my OH, and to everyone who met him. Still very shocked but it's beginning to sink in :(

Lucy I'm so so sorry only just seen this as I haven't been online since yesterday.

I just can't believe it - I remember the video you posted of you giving Harvey nose rubs a while back - he was a real little character.
I know exactly how you feel as Mango went in a similar timescale just over a year ago (bloat). It will get easier, slowly.

You don't have to choose a new bun for Lilly straight away. Maybe give her a few days and see how she is. Tully was pretty much fine, so it ended up being about 6 weeks before he finally had a new friend. If she does seem lonely then I'm sure a rescue will help you to pick.

Thinking of you x

Thank you, he really has such a great character!

Lilly is still odd, she won't eat her dinner or herbs, just hay :( but hopefully she'll improve over the next few days. We're not going to be getting her a friend for at least 28 days anyway so that she finishes her panacur course, don't want to put her new friend at risk obviously and wouldn't expect a rescue to adopt to us until she's off meds obviously.

I always said it'd be my worst nightmare for her and Harvey to be separated :( I knew bunnies could be close but their love for each other really touched me. I'm glad at least he was ridiculously happy with her and with his life :)

I've only just seen this. I couldn't believe it when I saw the thread.

I'm so sorry :(

I really don't know what to say. He was such a special little man :love:

*hugs* to you and Lilly xx

Back