• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

re; Sunday is a big day for Bugsy

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
I havent posted for a while apart from an update on the bonding trials and tribulations with Bugsy and Flo.
So, here is an updated thread for eveeryone. Tomorrow, Sunday 18th, is a big day for Bugsy. It's a big day for all of us in different ways, but for bugsy, tomorrow he will officially become part of our family and our home - so everybun can feel free to give a RU welcome to Bugsy. I'm not really that keen on his name - it' something we're working on changing but not sure to what. Here is Bugsy in all his posing glory....
DzZyOfL.jpg
[/IMG]

It has been about 9 weeks since we sadly lost Alfred. The sadness haunts me and moving on right now is not something I can do. But this is not about me moving on. It is about helping Flo to move on because she has endured much heartache and she deserves to have stability. We have supported her through the loss of two bunnies, and she deserves to have the loving companionship from another bunny. Flo has spent the last 8 weeks making our living room her sanctuary at night - sleeping in the same place. And for 6 of those weeks we have been fostering Bugsy from the local rescue. We discussed many options for trying to move forward, trying to do what was right. Fostering was a way forward and we had an option to adopt if we felt ready and if we could facilitate a bond at home. It has been a long 6 weeks. everyone has had to learn new routines. Flo lost half her garden. But over time, at a slow pace, Bugsy and Flo got used to each other, sharing meals at the fence dividing them.
qmONQUT.jpg
[/IMG]
8gq7xWO.jpg
[/IMG]
Then last weekend quite by accident, they met in open space and have accelerated their friendship.
b3MI4Ng.jpg
[/IMG]
CqEvwNA.jpg
[/IMG]

One week on and Bugsy has 'moved in' from his batchelor pad and has his paws firmly under the living room table. He has chosen Flo's spot to sit in the living room. He likes to sit in Alfreds favorite spot under a bush in our garden - quite why this particular bush is favored I do not know. But Bugsy has given Flo her confidence and he gives her the support she desperately needed. He has taken to grooming Flo very quickly, and even as I type this at just before 10pm on saturday, Bugsy is giving Flo another check groom. Flo was also grooming Bugsy earlier - something she has seldom done with her other hus-buns. It is clear that Flo has taken very much to Bugsy in a way that has helped Bugsy feel part of something special.
Bugsy is still learning how life works here, but he loves the garden, loves the pear tree and seems very chilled when he is in the house with us. It always seemed hard to have to say goodnight to him on his own in the hutch outside but thankfully whilst he was outside the weather was kind at night so he has not been subject to any rain or winds or cool nights. Now he has made the kitchen/diner his home with Flo and both seem very happy together.
It is an enormous positive that this journey has provided Flo with the companionship that she desperately neeed and it has also given Bugsy a home that he also needed. And whilst I am still very broken hearted, I am proud that we have given Bugsy a place he can call home.
I've not taken much video of them yet but I will do and will keep you all updated.
CRaig x

What a lovely update. he's a good looking bunny, he has a nice lean figure. I'm glad you're all together as a family. good work everybun :love:

What a lovely update. he's a good looking bunny, he has a nice lean figure. I'm glad you're all together as a family. good work everybun :love:

Thank you j&b. He may look lean but holy moly can he shovel away food. He has a love of pellets which we allowed when he was on his own in his hutch but it’s very restricted now. But he will demolish a plate of fresh greens and herbs in minutes. And fruit? He has sneakily chomped through more pears than I can count despite me picking them up when they fall. I pick the leaves for bugsy and Flo to eat. He even scrabbed a small bit of my orange peel the other day when I was outside.

:love:
Sometimes the puzzle pieces just fit, Craig. Even when we're pretty sure they're not part of the picture. I'm so glad to see that Flo and Bugsy are a couple now and happy... long may it continue. :love:

I hope their bond becomes fully established, everything sounds to be going well so far :love:

If you are unsure about keeping his name ‘ Bugsey’ you could always call him ‘Malone’ …..:lol:

I am so happy to read this positive update! May your bunny couple have many years of happiness together!
Well done Bugsy! Congratulations!

Last edited:
Aww what a heartwarming update, all credit to you and Jan, and of course Flo and Bugsy too. I still love that name, don't know why I just do :love:

Great news:love: He is very handsome, and I agree, he has a lovely lean figure :love: hopefully he will encourage Flo to be more active :thumb:

He's adorable, I love his ears! Glad they are getting on and that things seem to be working out. I think Flo must know you're trying to do the best for her.

How lovely. What a great update. Glad that handsome young Bugsy is being groomed by beautiful Flo. I love both of their markings. What a great couple.

Back