• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Raven's gotcha day!

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Today is Raven's gotcha day. He was adopted from rescue eight years ago.
My spouse surprised me by getting me a different dwarf bunny as a slightly early anniversary present and I went on the rescue's website to see a picture of my bridge bunny who we named Gemini and it was not there. However, I saw that Raven was available for adoption.
It said he was born the day after his mom was rescued from an auction. Raven was listed as 'sassy'.
Spouse called the rescue and asked if Raven was still available. The woman asked if we still wanted Gemini and we said of course. We picked up Gemini, yet Raven was delivered a couple days later by a volunteer and her preteen daughter who fostered Raven. They met Heidi and my late Madelyn and knew we would give Raven a good home. Raven was about nine months old when he was adopted.

Raven was a little territorial in his early years though I eventually realized he was most possessive of his litter box.
I learned I had to pick Raven up, often putting him on my spouse's lap for pets, before removing his litter box for cleaning.
Raven is a very good bunny and enjoys being held so he can look over my shoulder as I rub his back. He makes a soft purring sound when he is content with his bunny massage.
Raven is a very hands on bunny with his regular dentals and occasional other issues and he is an excellent patient.
He loves a certain variety of organic dandelion greens and luckily I found them this week.
Raven packs a lot of love in his 1kg body.
Raven thanks all his RU friends for sharing the experiences, knowledge, and vibes they provided to make today's celebration possible.

Happy gotcha day Raven :love: You are a lucky Bunny to have found such a caring home, one who is very able to make sure that your dental problems are managed correctly and promptly :love:

Aww, Happy Gotcha Day, little Raven. :love: Enjoy your dandelion greens. :love: I liked reading the story of how you adopted him. He sounds like such a sweet bunny, and I'm always impressed by how good he is with all the care he needs from you when his teeth are bothering him again. I didn't know he was only 1kg; he must be tiny! :love:

Aww, Happy Gotcha Day, little Raven. :love: Enjoy your dandelion greens. :love: I liked reading the story of how you adopted him. He sounds like such a sweet bunny, and I'm always impressed by how good he is with all the care he needs from you when his teeth are bothering him again. I didn't know he was only 1kg; he must be tiny! :love:

He is a dwarf which explains his dodgy teeth. He used to be a little overweight, yet now he is at the lower end of the normal range for his type. I do not want him losing any more weight so when his eating slows I make sure I supplement with syringe feeds.
He is very brave at the vets too. It is surprising to see this little bunny sitting in his carrier looking around when dogs are barking and cats are meowing a couple meters away.

Happy gotcha day Raven :love: You are a lucky Bunny to have found such a caring home, one who is very able to make sure that your dental problems are managed correctly and promptly :love:
You are too kind.
I am the lucky one..
He has a dental on Tuesday because vet out the following wait so I chose sooner rather than later.

He is a dwarf which explains his dodgy teeth. He used to be a little overweight, yet now he is at the lower end of the normal range for his type. I do not want him losing any more weight so when his eating slows I make sure I supplement with syringe feeds.
He is very brave at the vets too. It is surprising to see this little bunny sitting in his carrier looking around when dogs are barking and cats are meowing a couple meters away.
Right, I remember he's a Nethie like Casper. Casper's 1.25kg, so a little bit bigger! I definitely understand why you don't want him to lose more weight when he's at the lower end now. That's so good that he's so brave at the vets, not bothered by the barking dogs and meowing cats nearby. :love:

Happy gotcha day, Raven. Your have such a special life and you deserve that with such a special bun mum. Xx

Right, I remember he's a Nethie like Casper. Casper's 1.25kg, so a little bit bigger! I definitely understand why you don't want him to lose more weight when he's at the lower end now. That's so good that he's so brave at the vets, not bothered by the barking dogs and meowing cats nearby. :love:

A couple years ago, at his peek weight, Raven weighed 1.25 kg so same size as Casper then.

Happy gotcha day Raven, sorry missed this yesterday, you certainly fell on your paws finding your forever home, hope you had a lovely day xx

Happy gotcha day Raven, sorry missed this yesterday, you certainly fell on your paws finding your forever home, hope you had a lovely day xx
Thank you.
He got a lot of organic dandelions, some nice hugs and back massages, and he even managed to eat a garden treat stick.
He was looking bright and acting happy too, so I got a gift too.

Back