• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Nappies/ Just had a phone call, not good news

Are the bunnie nappies disposable or resusable?? Cant imagine a bunnie in a nappy??

He does look very sore bless him :(

She couldn't say. We have done all the tests possible and everything has come back normal :?

Both my urine incontinent buns had blood tests, urine tests, x-rays, etc which all came back normal. I think incontinence must commonly be caused by something which doesn't show on conventional tests.

It's a subject I'm very interested in, having been able to find very little in the way of answers from veterinary professionals.

Discuss trying propalin with your vet if he doesn't improve...it might be worth a go

Both my urine incontinent buns had blood tests, urine tests, x-rays, etc which all came back normal. I think incontinence must commonly be caused by something which doesn't show on conventional tests.

It's a subject I'm very interested in, having been able to find very little in the way of answers from veterinary professionals.

Discuss trying propalin with your vet if he doesn't improve...it might be worth a go

Same here :D

We have tried baytril, Septrin, probiotics, Zantac and salazopyrin all with no effect :?

Did you find anything to help with the mucus?

ETA just googled propalin and it seems it is only effective in spayed females, but will ask anyway :)

Last edited:
Did you find anything to help with the mucus?

ETA just googled propalin and it seems it is only effective in spayed females, but will ask anyway :)

Nope, never found anything to help with the mucous, although Crunchie peed so much that the mucous was always just a minor irritation. It never led to stasis or anything of that nature.

Thought propalin might be something used in females, although I don't think it contains hormones like many of the incontinence drugs.

I think your doing a great job helping this bun and i admire all your hard work, effort and time you put in for these bunnys.
makes my tummy warm and fuzzy to know there are some really good people out there.
i hope you find a sollution for your buns incontinence.
good luck, lots of love from miffy and myself.

Aw I hope his special couture nappies make it easier to get them on etc though when I saw him he was a very good boy having his nappy put on :love::love::love:
I know nothing :lol: but this just occurred to me. It's not some sort of food allergy is it? Though it sounds like you've covered every angle so i doubt what i say is any help :oops: but just the way you said that the mucous he passed was either, mucousy or at times a spray it just made me think of when my eldest was a baby she had gastroenteritis quite badly and as a result was alergic to cows milk for a time and had to have soya milk. And I only mention it because her number 2s were jet popelled and very watery :mrgreen: until i changed her to soya milk.
So obviously he doesnt have milk but I just wondered if the symptoms could be an allergy of some sort? Though you probably have checked that out and I've just rambled for no reason :oops: :lol:
Anyway lots of vibes for happy nappy wearing for Austin :love: he was certainly a very sore bunny when he arrived with you and looks so much more comfy now he has nappies x x x

Nope, never found anything to help with the mucous, although Crunchie peed so much that the mucous was always just a minor irritation. It never led to stasis or anything of that nature.

Thought propalin might be something used in females, although I don't think it contains hormones like many of the incontinence drugs.

Austin has never had stasis, his poos are a very odd shape and very wet too, even though he eats tons of hay.
His tummy is so full of gas he is always gurgling you can some times hear it above the tv. He farts a lot too, which is why the mucus can make such a mess :(

Faye, food allergies are a good idea but as his diet has completely changed since being here but he hasn't don't think it is anything obvious. FHB said to keep him on a high fibre diet but he has always eaten tons of hay.

Has he had some fibreplex. When Homer had tummy problems last year for about 4 months he was tested and all came back normal. I had to clean him at least twice a day :cry:, he was so good. He did not pass mucos, just very "loose".

We moved him over to Oxbow and his tummy settled within a few days. He has had a couple of relapses but only for a couple of days but fibreplex helped him get back to normal. Might be worth a try - can send you some for him to try if you want.

Might be worth me mentioning that Homer will not eat hay so Oxbow must be pretty good to make nice golden poops.;)

Back