• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit has broken his back leg

I put the Metacam on a Shreddie and Miffy ate it without even blinking! :lol:

Glad to hear that Bubbles is feeling much better! Sorry you found yourself in a tight spot and please don't be upset if anyone came across as nasty - I know these guys well and they're only concerned about the welfare of your bunny. :D

AMETHYST

I aways put my bunny's medicine on his front foot to lick off. It's not very exact, but he hates having anything on him, so at least I know he is getting some medicine when he cleans it off.

Glad your bun is going to be ok x

I aways put my bunny's medicine on his front foot to lick off. It's not very exact, but he hates having anything on him, so at least I know he is getting some medicine when he cleans it off.

Thats a really good idea, I will remember it because it was a nightmare getting Beau to take his :lol:

Great News!!

We took Bubbles back to the vets this morning to find out how his leg is...
IT'S HEALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's getting better!!!!! :lol: Our vet is so pleased! he said '' Ive been having nightmares about this rabbit!''
He's going back on tuesday to have a new bandage! :)
I'll post a pick of him in a while :D :D

Sophie xx

I am glad Bubbles is going to be ok ! :D Although I didn't post I have been following this thread. Very pleased and relieved hes doing well! ;)

Bubbles is now off to the vets again for another check.
Hopefully everything will be ok.
Will update when we pick him up later.

:wave:
Sophie xx

I Havn't been able to U/D in a while, so here it is:

After many many more visits to the vets, Bubbles finally has the bandage off!
Although his leg will be twisted the wrong way round permanently its better than only having three legs.
He is still needing to stay in the small cage and he is due to see a vet in 2 more weeks. He is off the painkillers as it is healing. He is eating and drinking fine which is great! Can't wait to see his face when he see's grass in the ground again! LOL I'll post a pic of him when he's finished eating.

Sophie xx :wave:

Bubbles is doing so well.
He was moved into a bigger cage about 2 weeks ago and has another check up on wednesday!! :D Then if the vet thinks he has healed then he can run around outside in the run :D :D

We just got back from the vets again and he's fine to run around in the run now :D
We just let him out and he's SO happy!! He also had his myxi jab done as theres been a big outbreak in Suffolk :(

Back