• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit for my nan

I am going to write out a diet menu for her so that she can see exactly what a bun needs to eat.
I will also add a price list for food so she can make sure that she can afford it.

If your nan still cooks and you know what vegetables she eats, you could highlight suitable bunny-veg from those, including the "waste" that she would otherwise discard, eg the outer leaves of sprouts, carrot and parsnip peelings.

That way, the veg side of things would actually be "free" feeding apart from the odd bag of spring greens.

Oh I just realised she is looking at getting an older bunny thats' great, it may be litter trained already, probably still worth investing in a puppy pen as a little zone for bunny though :wave:

Hi
there i am going to play the devils advocate
but
what happen to the rab if something happens to your nan will you be able to keep it?

another goo site is
www.wildwoodbunnies.com.au

the ideas you have been given sound good

I didnt realise I could give my rabs parsnip peelings

I have some beautiful rabs needing new homes perhaps you could fly over and pick one up

venice

If your nan still cooks and you know what vegetables she eats, you could highlight suitable bunny-veg from those, including the "waste" that she would otherwise discard, eg the outer leaves of sprouts, carrot and parsnip peelings.

That way, the veg side of things would actually be "free" feeding apart from the odd bag of spring greens.

That's a great idea thank you :wave:

Hi
there i am going to play the devils advocate
but
what happen to the rab if something happens to your nan will you be able to keep it?

another goo site is
www.wildwoodbunnies.com.au

the ideas you have been given sound good

I didnt realise I could give my rabs parsnip peelings

I have some beautiful rabs needing new homes perhaps you could fly over and pick one up

venice

Of course I am here for the rabbit 100% and wouldn't consider it if i couldn't help her out. I think that question can be asked to anyone, even myself at 18, where would my buns go if anything happened to me?
We always need a back up for our animals no matter what age we are and for nans it would be me.

Thank you for the link :wave:

ETA: the link won't let me open it :(

Last edited:
Of course I am here for the rabbit 100% and wouldn't consider it if i couldn't help her out. I think that question can be asked to anyone, even myself at 18, where would my buns go if anything happened to me?
We always need a back up for our animals no matter what age we are and for nans it would be me.

Thank you for the link :wave:

ETA: the link won't let me open it :(

Would you be able to tell me about the buns that you have available please? either here or a pm would be great

thank you :)

You are right in saying that regardless of age/ situation, we all need to make provisions for our animals in case the worst should happen. It's certainly something that worries me.

And i think venice is too far out of the way to consider getting buns from (South Australia) ;)

You are right in saying that regardless of age/ situation, we all need to make provisions for our animals in case the worst should happen. It's certainly something that worries me.

And i think venice is too far out of the way to consider getting buns from (South Australia) ;)

:lol::lol: I must have missed the part where she said FLY over! :oops:

I have a fantastic foster bun at the moment, he is called Jingle, he is black and I would say on the large side of medium. He is gorgeous, litter trained, loves a snuggle. I would have kept him but that means I'd have to get him a friend. If you want pics I can take some today. Neutered and vacc'd. think he is around 1 year old, was picked up as a stray in Newcastle

I have a fantastic foster bun at the moment, he is called Jingle, he is black and I would say on the large side of medium. He is gorgeous, litter trained, loves a snuggle. I would have kept him but that means I'd have to get him a friend. If you want pics I can take some today. Neutered and vacc'd. think he is around 1 year old, was picked up as a stray in Newcastle

That would be lovely thank you :) xx

Honeybunny I have pm'd you :)

I will let you know what she decides! Charm is lovely :love:
I got your pm...speak to your nan and if the answer is she wants a bun then I'll send you more info
but Charm has been let down so much it would be lovely to see her in a loving home soon:D

Am i right in thinking that Charm would be better off as a single bun as there may be complications to a spay?

And surely Jingle would be better off with a bunny friend? Would your nan consider two buns?

Am i right in thinking that Charm would be better off as a single bun as there may be complications to a spay?

And surely Jingle would be better off with a bunny friend? Would your nan consider two buns?

Very good point. I think on this occation Charm would be a better candidate, sorry Jingle :(

I have mentioned Charm to nan, she said that she sounds lovely.

I will get back to you honeybunny as soon as I she makes up her mind :wave:

ETA: Molly35 thank you for considering Jingle but my nan is only really looking for one bun and if Jingle needs a friend it wouldn't really work out, I hope he finds a forever home very soon :love:

Last edited:
Well heres a pic anyway and it looks like he has 1 ear but he has 2!!!

Jingle1.jpg

Back