• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit eye colors

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
I have all brown eyed bunnies currently. Spouse has brown eyes too.
In the past I had ruby, pink with blue cast, ,brown, and grey eyed bunnies, and have seen blue eyed bunnies. However, I never saw a bunny with green eyes?
Have you?
What color are your bunnies' eyes?

Last edited:
My bunny's eyes are like navy blue. I'm not sure exactly. I don't know the color of my own eyes yet. My eye color is a mixture of green-hazel. :D
I realized now that I am a woman who is not very talented with colors. :lol:

Lord H - Brown

Roisin - Brown

Endeavour - Blue

Aoife - Red

Dara - Pink

John- Joe - Brown

I believe the gene responsible for creating Vienna Marked Rabbits can cause marbled eye colouring which could appear to be green I suppose :?

Don’t quote me on that though, I am still a novice with colour genetics, it is so confusing :lol:

Atticus and Clementine have brown

Penelope and Apricot have light blue, but it's like there's a light pink filter over the whole thing? Idk how to describe it, but you can really see the blue in person, they aren't like other red eyed buns I've seen

Sophie's are red and Casper's are brown. I've never seen a green-eyed bunny before, either. I did meet a bunny once who had an eye that was partly one colour and partly another. Not mixed, but with a clear divide between the colours. I think it was brown and blue.

Jasmine had blue eyes, all my other bunnies have been brown. We have a very unusual colour dog at work and he was very green eyes, but never seen it in a bunny.

Sophie's are red and Casper's are brown. I've never seen a green-eyed bunny before, either. I did meet a bunny once who had an eye that was partly one colour and partly another. Not mixed, but with a clear divide between the colours. I think it was brown and blue.

I've had vienna marked rabbits with eyes like this. The colours are quite distinctly split within the same eye, to varying extents, depending on the gene expression. They can also have one brown and one blue or mixed colour eye. The VM gene does seem to give a brighter blue eye as well, in those I've seen.

Rodney has brown eyes with a red glint in some lights.

Blossom's are blue almost grey I would say

Primrose's were almost olive coloured and Flopsy had really dark eyes I think brown but almost black.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I've had vienna marked rabbits with eyes like this. The colours are quite distinctly split within the same eye, to varying extents, depending on the gene expression. They can also have one brown and one blue or mixed colour eye. The VM gene does seem to give a brighter blue eye as well, in those I've seen.
Ooh, interesting. The bunny came from a lot of inbreeding, so I had actually assumed it was the result of that, but it sounds like it's not unusual!

I just googled the color they call marble and it is very different.
Primrose's olive is the closest so far to green.
I wonder if a green I bunny exists.

So far, I have not come across anything about green eyes in bunnies, although I did see an interesting article about how the vision of bunnies differs from humans.
This made me think of the series "Life in Color" on Netflix. They talk about color of animals and also how different animals see color, including some cameras they modified to show how different animals may see a scene compared to how humans see the same scene.

Last edited:
Primrose wasn't a fan of the close up bless her but her eyes were definitely olive toned.

Although they look different in direct sun.
dbcc6b65531ac42d4f5cf31145e51382.jpg
ac787c9e7f0ad75d6c77dd8ccf7480db.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Frosty brown. Daisy blue
Snowflake brown. Dusty dark brown
Loganberry blue. Moondust red.

Seen brown dogs with green eyes. Awww. But never seen a green eyed rabbit.

Frosty brown. Daisy blue
Snowflake brown. Dusty dark brown
Loganberry blue. Moondust red.

Seen brown dogs with green eyes. Awww. But never seen a green eyed rabbit.

Loganberry blue sounds like a drink.

Last edited:
Back