• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Allergy Help Please

Just to give you all a little update. Have kept Dexter and OH separate so can't comment on the allergies yet. It can take up to 5 weeks and we have an appointment with the doctor tommorow to see if there are any super drugs we can give him.

Dexter went for a post op check up yesterday and he is a bit poorly. One of his bits is massive and inflamed and the other isn't right either. I think she said something about dead tissue but she was very hard to understand.

He is now on 0.36 of Baytrill twice a day. Back to the Vets next Monday to see how they are doing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry to reopen this old thread but wanted to update you all.

Dexter had an infection post surgery, its all healed and he is now doing well.

He lives in the kitchen away from my OH and is perfectly happy and become best friends with my Cat Mylo.

After testing and trialling various drugs from the doctor none of the standard meds seemed to help. Convinced the doctor to give my OH stronger meds and now....fingered crossed....everything seems OK

Dexter has been running round the house and with us for about 5.5 hours now and none of my partners allergy symptoms are appearing.

I can't say if it was the neutering, meds, air purifier, or the bio life anti allergy sprays or a combination of all of the above.

I just want to say to any others out there who like us thought there would be no cure, it is worth trying everything and hopefully you will find something like we did.

Don't give up x

I am pleased you have taken the time to give us this positive update. It is nice to know you will not have to rehome your OH!

I am pleased you have taken the time to give us this positive update. It is nice to know you will not have to rehome your OH!
I know, its so hard to rehome a middle aged hairy, partially toilet trained male these days.....Guess I'm stuck with him

So pleased to see this update. I'm glad you persevered, when at times it must have seemed all quite hopeless. Allergies are strange things in the way they appear and disappear, sometimes with no apparent reason.

Back