• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

[Project Play Pen] - Biscuit's new home! U/D 16/9/2010.

I like the hutch it gives him another level and the bed area is a bolt hole and somewhere private for him. He can go under the hutch too so he's not really losing any space by having it :)

I just personally wouldn't bother with it.

Will go away now :oops:

I hope you don't mind me adding my thoughts and hope you don't think of it as a criticism, but I would personally not bother having the hutch in there at all. It seems to take up a lot of valuable hopping space!

Please don't think of me as a knowall but I would have a larger littertray with hay on top of it and the food bowl. A piece of vetbed to lie on and maybe a plastic stool to jump on and hide under?

Just my own thoughts and hope I haven't offended :oops:

Edited to add:- Durrrr ignore my comments about the hutch :oops:

Not offended at all Lily :) - im actually appreciative, im no expect at all and you all know better than me!

I've tried taking the hutch out, but he went mental :( got really upset and went a bit crazy where it was. i had to put it back.

Might try it again.

I'll try for the larger littery tray and maybe take the hutch out again.

Why did you say "ignore your comments about the hutch?"

Awww Biscuit is lovely and you can tell you are a loving bunny parent! You just have to look at all the toys and boredom busters Biscuit has to keep him occupied. Well done you!:)

Graham, would you like to come and live with me please?, I could just do with you around my house helping out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, he's booked ;)

Hey Snowy.. :wave:

hehe. I've offered my services on another thread before, someone wanted me to come and down their washing up in scotland i think it was :lol::lol::lol:

Where are you Snowy, i'm sure we could come to some kind of trade off:lol::lol::lol:

Eh, excuse me, you can make trade offs once you've done my dishes! :lol:

Relevant to the thread...oh yes. Well, it looks good. I too would get rid of the shavings as they'd drive me scatty. We had cardboard on the floor with a sheet of lino underneath for Vin's cage, Velvet is free range as she jumped right out of her cage on the third day we had her :roll: The only other thing I would suggest is to give him a bigger litter tray as lot of buns like to lie out in their trays - the box you have in the bottom right corner would be fab. I'd leave the hutch in so he has somewhere to hide, especially as he gets upset when you take it away.

Here's a pic of Vinnies (now sadly at RB) setup in case it gives you any ideas.
I'd cleaned it out just before I took the photo hence the lack of hay and nibbled toys everywhere :roll:
Imported22feb2010252.jpg

How about using Megazorb in the litter tray? We changed from wood shavings to Megazorb and the buns were ok about it. Less messy than shavings! :)

if biscuit only likes wood shavings for his litter tray, maybe you could try using aubiose or hemcore instead. You could try mixing it in with the wood shavings and then gradually reduce the ammount of wood shavings you use untill he gets used to the new bedding. It might not work but it`s just a though.:D
I have used megazorb and aubiose in the past, but i prefere to use hemcore. It has a nice citrus smell to it.
I think biscuit`s home looks very nice.:wave:

Looks great :D

The only thing I would say is - its hard to tell from the picture how high the hutch is - is he ok with the ramp? or can he jump up and down - it looks steep but it maybe just the angle of the photo...

Im sure he will be very happy in his new home - if you did want to take the hutch out - Im sure he would get used to it... mine dont like change - but give it 24 hours and they are flopping like mad...
Have you got some boxes he can hide in and jump on?

Looking forward to further developments

I bet Graham is loving you lot fighting over him :lol::lol::lol:

Re. the hutch debate..... is there room for you to put the hutch outside of the pen? I.e. where it is now but moving the pen forward leaving one panel out giving access to the open area? Does that make sense?

Looks great :D

The only thing I would say is - its hard to tell from the picture how high the hutch is - is he ok with the ramp? or can he jump up and down - it looks steep but it maybe just the angle of the photo...

Im sure he will be very happy in his new home - if you did want to take the hutch out - Im sure he would get used to it... mine dont like change - but give it 24 hours and they are flopping like mad...
Have you got some boxes he can hide in and jump on?

Looking forward to further developments

He barely uses the ramp, he mainly just chews it, but it's been there since he was really little, as he wasn't strong enough to jump straight up, but now when he jumps from floor to hutch he doesnt even touch the ramp - i could move it, but i've just left it there as he does occasionally use it to get up when he's being lazy!:lol:

Behind the ramp, there is a document holder box filled with newspaper and hay for him to dig in, and boy does he :)

if biscuit only likes wood shavings for his litter tray, maybe you could try using aubiose or hemcore instead. You could try mixing it in with the wood shavings and then gradually reduce the ammount of wood shavings you use untill he gets used to the new bedding. It might not work but it`s just a though.:D
I have used megazorb and aubiose in the past, but i prefere to use hemcore. It has a nice citrus smell to it.
I think biscuit`s home looks very nice.:wave:

I'll do some investigation into those products, thanks :)

I bet Graham is loving you lot fighting over him :lol::lol::lol:

Re. the hutch debate..... is there room for you to put the hutch outside of the pen? I.e. where it is now but moving the pen forward leaving one panel out giving access to the open area? Does that make sense?

the hutch is 4ft wide, so 2x panels, the only reason i have them behind the hutch aswell, is that biscuit is beginning to like skirting boards :roll::? and as this in a rented house, i dont fancy him destroying them all :lol:

I think what you are trying to say, is take the 2x back panels out and extend the whole thing further forward, towards the door way? Or am i completely mis-interpreting you (as i do a lot of the time to all sorts of people:lol)

the hutch is 4ft wide, so 2x panels, the only reason i have them behind the hutch aswell, is that biscuit is beginning to like skirting boards :roll::? and as this in a rented house, i dont fancy him destroying them all :lol:

I think what you are trying to say, is take the 2x back panels out and extend the whole thing further forward, towards the door way? Or am i completely mis-interpreting you (as i do a lot of the time to all sorts of people:lol)

Yeah that's pretty much it :lol: Maybe you could put some ply or wood against the skirting at the back (under the hutch) so he can't get to it?

Back