• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pregnancy babies! u/d Baby update, day 10 help!!

:shock: How many little ones are there? Nature clearly found a way despite the circumstances! Hope they are healthy and that you manage to find some loving homes for them x

1 potemtial home here :wave:

Thanks Dom :D! Makes it better to know where they could go, rather than rehome to 'outsiders'

Had a quick look as mum was in the garden chomping on grass. There are 6, I think. Potential to be all lops, and are loppy x breed/french lop crosses, so will be medium to large buns too.

My bunny group were supposed to be getting smaller!!!

or has it already been covered.

Isla has been out on the grass most of the day, I have even brought more grass out of the front garden, in a large dog bowl, and she has scoffed the lot, a carrot, and 1/8 of a small cabbage. She has unlimited pellets (allen and page natural) and fresh water and unlimited hay, both near the door so I don't need to disturb or go near the nest.

Problem is I really need to clean out the section she is in. The nest is tucked away behine a basket and a plant pot. Do you think I could safely remove the large litter tray and clean up, or Is this something you wouldn't risk? She wasn't in there until yesterday, and I didn't clean out before I put her in. Granite had been in previously.

Any good info on babies, care and what to expect would be great

Just been to check on babies, just to make sure there are no dead ones etc that could chill the nest, and that mum is doing a good job.

Mum is doing a great job. I am slowly moving her over to Excel junior and dwarf, just for the extra energy it provides, and it will be a better start for babies, in my opinion.

All babies present, correct, very active and noisey, very warm and look fed.

Last edited:
Understatment of the year Jane!! Fuming here! I have been trying to get in touch with 'rescue' that Arthur came from, but they havn't been on for three days, not on facebook like they normally are. Just found a mobile number,on their website, but too :censored: off to phone, so text instead.

I can't believe I stood up for this person on a public forum, replied to many PM's that I have got questioning their ethics, and I have this happen.

Babies will NOT be going back to this rescue.

:( I'm sorry you have to go through this!

That "rescue" has a reputation for having babies, don't they? :? I can't imagine how betrayed you're feeling right now

Hope mum and babies do well!

:( I'm sorry you have to go through this!

That "rescue" has a reputation for having babies, don't they? :? I can't imagine how betrayed you're feeling right now

Hope mum and babies do well!

Thanks! Rescue said I should have had him checked with my own vet. Dispite them saying adamently he has no plums, and when under for shaving the vet saw scars from a 'neuter' and yes I agree he has no plums. Imacculate conception!

My thinking is that if an animal has come from rescue they are certain of their history i.e. neutered or not, and I don't need to. There is a certain amount of trust placed in a rescue, for me that trust was misplaced and broken :(

I have a question: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=277308

Day6: Only briefly checked them yesterday. So today they look huge, well for baby rabbits! Their colours are coming through. Three of them peed on me! :roll: And one fell asleep in my hand :love::love:

Day6: Only briefly checked them yesterday. So today they look huge, well for baby rabbits! Their colours are coming through. Three of them peed on me! :roll: And one fell asleep in my hand :love::love:

:lol::lol::lol:

Where are the pictures?!:roll:;) (no flash, remember)

Day 7 - not seen babies today, had the other bunnies out for a run, but mum is fine and still eating like a trojan. She seems to have gained weight and doesn't feel so skinny down her spine.

Day 9 - Thought they had all disappeared! Mum has buried them deep under bedding, a good 3-4 inches, none of her fur covering them now :(
They look huge ( Not seen babies,) and very active. I think the covering is to stopp them escaping!!

Day 10 - dad booked for neuter

One of the black babies looks to have something wrong with his back end. He is dragging it behind him, well one side, then gets tired and drags the whole lot. Where as the others are attempting walking/crawling around.

One of the black babies looks to have something wrong with his back end. He is dragging it behind him, well one side, then gets tired and drags the whole lot. Where as the others are attempting walking/crawling around.

aww I hope he is ok, maybe he is just a little slower than the others at developing. Is he the same size as the others? Don't know much about babies sorry x

Perhaps you should ask the vet tomorrow.
Sending lots of vibes for dad and the little one xxx

I don't know the Rescue you got this rabbit from.... but mistakes can happen sometimes. I recently took in a group of 5 females. Not vaccinated, but the previous owner assured me they were all spayed. I vaccinated them, and rehomed one of them to a home with a newly-castrated male. I told the new owner that we were assured their new rabbit was spayed, but that we hadn't done this operation. He was still fertile after his op, but because we thought she was spayed we didnt worry too much about him mating her.
She had a litter of 5. I felt devestated. The new owner was wonderful, and didnt blame me.... All the babies have new homes, and we paid for her doe to be spayed when she had reared her bunnies. The other 4 from this same ex-owner were spayed shortly afterwards too. Why do people lie about these things?? I have since written it into the contract that if a previous owner says the rabbit is spayed, we do not offer this as a guarantee.

Back