• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Post-stasis feedback appreciated

Hope that she has some output before she undergoes a GA x

Me too :( I don't feel very confident putting her through this stress while she's so poorly :(

Sending lots of vibes for Poppy. Has she been given any pain relief?

Yes, the vet gave another pain injection and I have metacam for before bed. Then I've to give emiprid at midnight and critical care a couple of times in the night.

If lack of output is due to her gut slowdown from her not eating, I would syringe feed, use motility meds and pain meds for a couple days to get her in better condition before having a dental and ga. Though you and your regular vet know her best.

You already got good advice, so allow me to send lots of good vibes to you and Poppy for a quick recovery..

I don't think the gut slowdown is because she hasn't been eating at all, more because she probably hasn't been eating enough hay thanks to her teeth spurs.

I think she's had a bit of movement. I found a big egg shaped poo next to her at 3am (like a couple of poos stuck together) and it had some fur in it. At 6am I found some small gritty poos in the litter tray that looked like a bun who's had stasis might be responsible (but Billy also had a stressful day, so I can't rule out him). She also had a poo stuck in her fur that wasn't there last night, but again, could be Billy's.

The important thing is, at 6am she felt well enough to nibble on some dried apple leaves :love: I'm still incredibly worried though :( neither has ever been this sick for this long before.

I'm sorry you've had a stressful day/night with Poppy, I hope her nibbling is a good sign and continues

What a night! Hope you got some rest. Yay for poo. That's a good sign.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed some of those poos were hers! It's so hard watching them through the night and trying to work out who did what.

Sending lots of vibes for today and hugs for you x

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

It looks like the small gritty poos were Billy's. I was so concerned with Poppy, I didn't notice he's not eaten more than a few strands of hay. He's nervous because he doesn't understand what's happened to Poppy, he just knows she's really ill and now she's disappeared again. He's hiding under the chair from me and giving me a wide berth in case I set my sights on him next :lol:

Ah crikey, they choose their times well, don't they! I hope they both show some improvement over today xxx

Thank-you all. The vet just called, she's through the teeth procedure and awake. She's passed some poos there, and they've been syringe feeding her and given her more prokinetics. I can pick her up at 4.30pm and continue her medication/syringe feeding at home.

I have Poppy home now, and she's a lot better. Still not out of the woods, but it's a huge relief to see her eating bunny-crack treats and some herbs and she's looking more comfortable.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and vibes, it was the right call to take her to our vets for a second opinion. I don't think I'll be going to that emergency vets again, as we've had more than one bad experience. I'm pretty shocked how unwell she was when she came home, compared to how they described her, and also how ill-equipped they left me. There's another hospital 10mins further away, so the buns wouldn't be left without options.

Poppy is a lot better today, eating rocket, fresh herbs, apple leaves, apple twigs/willow twigs, the second best treats but not the boring everyday treats now.

I think she's finding it difficult to pass poos, but she is passing them. I'm getting feet flicks/thumps (standard) but some aggression too, so she's still in pain.

Going to go for the wedding tomorrow but come home after the first dance, she's seeming well enough for 8 hours alone, but not 24-30.

Back