• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible separation of baby bun? - bonding vibes needed pls

Thanks guys, we are doing all we can for her. She's on the medication for five days solid, then every other day for 5doses before she goes back to the vets. She had the medicine before and it did clear her up for a while but then it came back worse, so we can only pray and wait and see.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I sooo sorry to hear this news, my lot have just given me Nine babies too and i am petrified of loosing one of them. Every time i go to do my daily check on them in the evening im so scary one of them has passed over the bridge. Fingers Crossed!

m
xx

Oh no not all of them :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Last I heard Fiona said no more had died and I was so hoping you were through the worst.

Baby rabbits are heart breaking :cry: :cry: :cry: They are so delicate :?

Run free baby bunnies.

Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear this bad news :cry: You did all you could for them and they knew they were loved and well looked after, which is the best they could have asked for in their short lives. Hope Bilbo pulls through, big hugs to you xxx

Thankyou all for your kind words. It has been heartbreaking. Holding a tiny, perfect little bunny in your hands whilst it dies and being unable to do anything about it except cry is is beyond words. It's so frustrating not knowing what was wrong and speculating on all the things you could have done differently just makes you feel worse. But at the end of the day I did all I could for them and maybe one day I'll get some answers.

I'm so mad at the buns old owner for letting Bilbo and Crackers get so sick. I spoke to her after I'd had them a couple of weeks and she said - oh yeah, Bilbo was sneezing a bit last year. Last year!!?? That means she's been sick for ages, no wonder the vet says her lungs are bad :evil: :evil: :evil: I could email her and tell her what I've been through with all the babies and Bilbo but at the end of the day the though of it just makes me feel tired and what good will it do anyway? They're out of her hands now and the hutches they were in destroyed so I don't think she'll be replacing them.

Sorry, sad and mad rant over.x

Oh they were so so beautiful, I couldnt pick my faves they were all just gorgeous. You must be devastated.

Binky free babas x x x

Quick update - Bilbo has been given the all clear for now!!! Yay!!! Crackers is fine, and so are Bluebell and Laikin. Laikin has grown into a confident and bouncy little girl and Bilbo has come out of her shell so much, she is such an affectionate and loving bun. Bluebell is more of a feet on the floor bun and Crackers is seemingly completely over his fear of his ears being touched and loves being petted. They really need a loving forever home!!!

chloaster said:
Quick update - Bilbo has been given the all clear for now!!! Yay!!! Crackers is fine, and so are Bluebell and Laikin. Laikin has grown into a confident and bouncy little girl and Bilbo has come out of her shell so much, she is such an affectionate and loving bun. Bluebell is more of a feet on the floor bun and Crackers is seemingly completely over his fear of his ears being touched and loves being petted. They really need a loving forever home!!!
I'd missed this so have just read it from start to finish...... what a bittersweet tale... I'm so glad that their personalities are really coming out. Well done you

I had miss this thread too. How heartbreaking for you with all those baby buns. Chloe, you did your best and ickle baby buns are so fragile. I am so glad the three are better now. Little Laikin looks soooo cute. :D Their personalities are showing because you have given them so much love and care. Well done wooo hooo xxx :D

Awww!I missed the tread aswell but i heard all about it from you Chloe!When i heard i started to sulk! :oops: :) They were so sweet!I didn't know what they looked like before but i knew you were devastated!Good luck to Lakin....maybe i will sneak her and co into my own hutch one day??!!!Its big enough now! :D :p :( :lol: :p :D :wink:

Amsy1991 said:
Awww!I missed the tread aswell but i heard all about it from you Chloe!When i heard i started to sulk! :oops: :) They were so sweet!I didn't know what they looked like before but i knew you were devastated!Good luck to Lakin....maybe i will sneak her and co into my own hutch one day??!!!Its big enough now! :D :p :( :lol: :p :D :wink:

Still can't get over how small Lakin was and how much she has grown!Plus i STILL haven't seen the Cathedral yet??!!And i have been round to yours a few times!!! :D

You're welcome anytime Amy - just remember you might get roped into helping me clean them out! This little family really need a forever home I would be willing to help out with any costs that Bilbo may incur in the future should her snuffles flare up again. This is their thread in Rabbits in Need.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35660

And this is what they looked like when they arrived... How tiny was Laikin!!

CIMG3603.jpg

The end of the tale ....... for me :cry: ........ and a new start for the buns :D :D :D

My little mummy bunny Bilbo didn't make it through her spay, she came home but died in my arms a few days later - she is sadly missed but I know now she is pain free. Binky free my brave little girl.x

But - :D :D :D - Yesterday I met Crackers, Bluebell and Laikin's new Mum and what a great Mum she is! They have gone to a fab new home, where there is no question as to whether they are going to be spoilt rotten or not! :D The three of them met Stuart and despite the usual fur pulling and chasing there was no real animosity and fingers crossed for them they will settle down together really quickly.

These are my last few photos of them I wanted to share with you - I'm sure their new Mum will be posting loads in the future - Well she better!!! :D :lol: :lol:

Bilbo and Laikin having a cuddle with Dad
CIMG7285.jpg

Their favourite spot on the door mat
CIMG7332.jpg

Laikin showing off just how much she has grown!
CIMG7381.jpg

CIMG3595.jpg

Good luck in your new home you beautiful bunsters! xxx

oh wow what great photos, Laikin is enormous now! :lol:

Hope you are not too sad Chloe and that the three of them have a wonderful life xx

Awww Chloe! That bought tears to my eyes!

I am sure the beautiful Bilbo will be watching over her little Laikin who is not so little now, I love the way you got her to stand on the same food bowl :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck in your new home guys and a big well done to you Chloe for taking them in and showing them your love :love:

Is their new Mummy a forum member???

Back