• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Positive stories needed…UPDATE; Vet decided not to go ahead with Winston's neuter :(

The vet was fab. I didn't even get charged even though he had 2 health checks and spent 2 hours in kennels (and they dealt with my crazy bunny mum tendencies…I packed him an overnight bag with three different types of hay, multiple herbs and veggies and some fenugreek crunchies!!) She said that if they haven't dropped by the time he is a year old she will be happier going in abdominally because the risks of testicular cancer outweigh the risks of going in through the abdomen. Do you think that sounds like good advice?

What a reasonable vet you have :thumb:

There are risks of testicular cancer, but they are not urgent for at least a few months yet. It's worth waiting a couple of months just in case, but if they haven't dropped by then, then it's best to go in abdominally and remove them. (The undescended one may not drop at all).

Sounds like very good advice :thumb:

What a reasonable vet you have :thumb:

There are risks of testicular cancer, but they are not urgent for at least a few months yet. It's worth waiting a couple of months just in case, but if they haven't dropped by then, then it's best to go in abdominally and remove them. (The undescended one may not drop at all).

Sounds like very good advice :thumb:

Okay great, I'm now just even more concerned about the procedure because of the vets concern about stasis! Bleurgh! Fingers crossed Mr Testicle will make himself known so the neuter is nice and simple :)

If the vets have any worries about his eating post op they will monitor him until hes eating normally and have all the appropriate meds there to help.
Good luck when the times comes.

Oh bother :lol: I'm sorry you had to go through all the worry and then it didn't even happen, but at least it sounds like youve got a very sensible vet! Good luck for Winston when the time comes.

If the vets have any worries about his eating post op they will monitor him until hes eating normally and have all the appropriate meds there to help.
Good luck when the times comes.

Thank you for the reassurance!

Oh bother :lol: I'm sorry you had to go through all the worry and then it didn't even happen, but at least it sounds like youve got a very sensible vet! Good luck for Winston when the time comes.

I cannot rave about my vet anymore, I genuinely think the practice is wonderful! I had such a horrendous experience with his previous vet so I think that's why I'm a bit nervous in general!

Back