• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What size is suitable? UPDATE!

We're gradually getting there but I have yet another question. Ramps. Would it be better to nail carpet to them for a smooth but grippable surface, or to nail wooden rungs onto it?

This is long overdue!

My dad built the shed for us. We layed down lino on the floor, put insulation in the walls and covered that with plyboard and also put insulation in the roof and fitted lino in the top so it wouldn't be too heavy.

As I'm rubbish at DIY I had to compromise. Instead of two levels my dad managed to get me to settle for one, and not three feet deep but two. Despite not having as much space in there as I'd like He-Man loves it!
We had put lino on his ramp but the little monster chewed it (as you can see in the pics) so it had to be stripped.

He has a little enclosed area on his level. There's a runner (carpet) on it plus two towels with vet bed between them. His litter tray is in the corner below the level with a hay rack fitted above it. Dad's also put in a hook so that I can hang toys or a food ball from it.

From about 8am the door of his shed is opened and He-Man has the run of the garden unless we go out. He gets shut in again around 7pm.

Since moving out there he is clearly much happier. He binkys around the garden, hops over to the dog to say hello, trys the same with the cat but she usually runs away, and comes over to humans to say "Hi!" and for a fuss.
Despite that I do think he's lonely. I saw him looking at his reflection in the conservatory glass. :( I'm going to try and convince my dad to let me adopt a friend for him. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, piccies!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

"What's that coming over the patio? Is it a monster? Is it a monsteeer?"

Your Dad has made a lovely job of the shed, its very smart.
Lucky you & lucky He-Man.:)
How is He-Man doing with getting up his ramp?

He was absolutely fine with the lino, but since taking it off the ramp he slides down it. I mean he's able to get up it but getting down is dangerous looking. Dad's going to be nailing or screwing little wooden strip thingies to it like rungs to give him much needed footing.

I had considered fixing a runner to it as it'll be really good grip but he'd chew that too. It's because he can get to the corners. :(

And thank you, He-Man and I are really lucky. It's weird not having him in the bedroom, miss him, but he has so much space and freedom out in the garden and has taken a real shine to Buffy (our dog) and she to him. :love:

I've been wanting to get him a friend since before he even came to me. haha. Got him neutered and vaccinated and now he's even got a house, so I think it's time he had a wife to make the house a home. It's all a case of convincing my father, but considering the fact that he won't have to do anything (as the shed is built and he doesn't have to care for He-Man) it might be a bit easier... hopefully it will be. He-Man's interest in Buffy suggests he really wants a friend and he deserves one that's always around.

Back