• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor little piggy

I would keep him warm, offer him something like dandelion and if you have any fibreplex, give him a section a couple of times a day. Have you checked if his breathing is OK, they can be prone to respiratory infections.

He's not interested in the dandelions :( He's in the office with me and warm atm. I cane hear anything wrong with his breathing, and it doesnt seem too fast/slow/heavy, but he's kinda huddled up.

It sounds like it will be his tummy then, how old is he. I would make sure he is taking in some kind of probiotic to keep his gut bacteria going- I like fibreplex, but that's just me- and when you see a vet ask for pain relief, on top of anything else they recommend.

Ive been giving probiotic, its something I keep in stock thankfully. I dont know if maybe something scared him, we've had a lot of very loud thunder, could that have scared him into not eating adn then its a snowball effect adn now he's not well? The vet didnt give painkiller when he went, just a vitamin thing and anti biotics. Ill remember to poke the vet tomorrow about some. He just whisked away a load of grass into his tube so he's having a bit of a nibble on that. Still not touched his proper food though or his hay :( still, we have some poos and some eating interest, thats a little progress.

Ok stupid question but did the vet listen to his chest? As said in previous post chest infections are very common and if it is lower repiratory you will not hear it.

The first signs will be weight loss and loss of appetite.

Maureen

The vet had a stethescope thingum on him, i assume she was listening to his chest. Not sure how easy it is to listen like that though.

Back