• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Plumpkin - Farewell

Adorable photos and Plumpkin has some truly special memories of the special life you have given her, as you do of her. I think a portrait would be a wonderful idea and would take a very special place in your home. Hugs to you and thinking of you and special nose rubs for Plumpkin. xxx

Thank you everyone, you've all been so kind to me and your words honestly bring me so much comfort <3

Today's mission has been to get a decent 'trio' photo. Easier said than done, am I right?! But with the lure of the favoured 'crunchy bell' I managed to get a few snaps. Planning to eventually get a portrait of the three of them done by a friend/artist I really love.

It has been raining so Plumps looks very spikey :love:

2019-03-03_12-20-22 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

2019-03-03_12-21-00 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

2019-03-03_12-21-31 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

2019-03-03_12-21-19 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

:love:

I’m in absolute tears after reading this post and beapig I’m so sorry your having to make this heart-breaking decision.

Your photos of the gorgeous Plumpkin are stunning and you can see how much love and support you’ve given her!

Sending lots of hugs and I’ll be thinking of you both today xxx

Thank you everyone, you've all been so kind to me and your words honestly bring me so much comfort <3

Today's mission has been to get a decent 'trio' photo. Easier said than done, am I right?! But with the lure of the favoured 'crunchy bell' I managed to get a few snaps. Planning to eventually get a portrait of the three of them done by a friend/artist I really love.

It has been raining so Plumps looks very spikey :love:

2019-03-03_12-20-22 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

2019-03-03_12-21-00 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

2019-03-03_12-21-31 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

2019-03-03_12-21-19 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

:love:

I am a lurker on here. I lost my beautiful boy this time last year. I have been following Plumpkin's story as she reminded me of my own bunny who suffered all his life with dental issues as a result of neglect. I hope it is okay to post as I know I am not known on here. I just wanted to say how deeply sorry I am for all you and Plumpkin have been through. You came into her life and gave her happiness, love and security for the first time. She will go knowing she is loved and that is very precious. Please feel proud for all you have done for your precious girl. You are an amazing person. I have been admiring you ever since you rescued Plumpkin. My thoughts are with you.

My thoughts will be with you and Plumpkin tonight. I will be having a quiet moment with my rabbits to reflect and remember the most beautiful rabbit and devoted owner. She is truly special and she got the life she absolutely deserved with you. Prayers to you and please give Plumpkin a nose and eat rub from us. She is adorable. Xxx

Back