• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please show your support for Emma (Mischief and Tinker's mum)

I'm so sorry. :( I lost my bridge bun during a GA, whilst having a dental. She had also lost a lot of weight and was drinking a lot. I thought it was because of her teeth but obviously something else was going on. I blame myself, but I know that there was little else I could do. She needed a dental first and foremost, it'd have been pointless trying to fix other things if she couldn't eat. She was also only 4/5 (she was a rescue so weren't 100% sure on her age). Don't blame yourself, it's easy to do, but bunnies are so delicate and hide things so well, that it's difficult to tell what is going on with them.

Sending you lots of hugs. x

rabbits are good at hding there ailements from us sadly, and makes it hard for us to pinpoint what is exactly wrong sometimes, even for the very best bunny mums like you, they are pery animals so hide illness well

you did everythign you could to try and help her, sadly as i said before she was just too poorly, as i was once told a shorter life (though hard for us) full of happiness and joy and love, is better then a long life locked in a small hutch and only seen to be given food

hope with time your pain eases, its lovely that you have laid her to rest with her old pals, im always here if you need to chat via pm etc :wave:

everything will seem raw right now, hugs xxxx

Oh my God oh my God. Just seen a thread saying dandelion leaves cause blood in urine. :cry: Tink had quite a lot of them because it was one of the only things she would eat before the dental. I killed her didn't I?! :cry: :cry:

Thank you Jane. I really feel like i failed her not being able to get her to the vet in the end but there was no way she would have survived that journey. It was a case of stress her out even more getting her there or keep her comfy at home with her friends. I hoped shed would make the night as it would give us hope that the vets may have been able to do something today. :cry:
(

I'm really sorry for your losses. I just wanted to respond to what you said above - sometimes it takes more strength to do nothing than to do something and you knew she wouldn't have survived the journey to the vet, so I think you absolutely did the best thing for her by keeping her in a familiar environment with her friends and staying with her at the end. You certainly shouldn't feel like you failed her.

Don't blame yourself Emma, are you getting a pm so you know for sure? It's horrible having what ifs! I doubt it was the dandelion leaves but you are in a catch 22 if she wasn't eating.

I'm so sorry to hear about Tink you've had such bad luck this year with your buns :cry::cry:
You're a great bun mum so please don't doubt that, unfortunately lately all the best owners have been losing their beloved buns, sometimes life is so unfair xxx

Don't blame yourself Emma, are you getting a pm so you know for sure? It's horrible having what ifs! I doubt it was the dandelion leaves but you are in a catch 22 if she wasn't eating.

I'm so sorry to hear about Tink you've had such bad luck this year with your buns :cry::cry:
You're a great bun mum so please don't doubt that, unfortunately lately all the best owners have been losing their beloved buns, sometimes life is so unfair xxx

Thank you x

No she has been buried. After her dental I couldn't afford a pm. :( What do you mean 'catch 22' ?

I think someone has mistaken red urine for blood in urine somewhere and posted that this is caused by eating dandelion leaves. Dandelion causes red urine due to pigments nothing else. I am sure Jacks-Jane will be along again and can explain this in more detail than i can.

Please don't blame yourself she had something wrong with her that you did not cause and could not be cured.

Aapparently they are not good for buns with kidney problems which is what i think was wrong with Tink. I probably pushed her over the edge with the dandelions. :cry: If she didn't eat them she would have starved. I thought I was doing the right thing. I looked up if they were ok for rabbits and found that they were. Me and my mum had gone out and picked her some leaves for 2 nights. :( I killed my precious girl, I can't live with myself now. :cry:

Back