• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please show your support for Emma (Mischief and Tinker's mum)

Thank you. :cry: She had a dental on Friday and seemed fine after, but yesterday she seemed quiet and not eating much, which we of course thought was related to the dental and her mouth was just sore. We kept a close eye on her. In the evening we brought her inside and syringe fed her just to make sure she was getting enough inside her. After that, we really started to worry. She started not being able to hop and she bled when she went to the toilet. We spoke to the vet but she was too weak to make the journey, she was dying. I think it was her kidneys as she had got so skinny these past few weeks and drank a lot. Something wasn't right but as she needed a dental i hoped it was just her teeth that made her thin. Her and her brother both lost weight before they passed away so i am sure it must have been something underlying. Tinkerbell passed away in my arms with the boy buns by her side. :cry:

I don't know what to do. :cry:

Last edited:
Thank you. :cry: She had a dental on Friday and seemed fine after, but yesterday she seemed quiet and not eating much, which we of course thought was related to the dental and her mouth was just sore. We kept a close eye on her. In the evening we brought her inside and syringe fed her just to make sure she was getting enough inside her. There was something underlying going on though. She started not being able to hop and she bled when she went to the toilet. This is was when we really started to worry. We spoke to the vet but she was too weak to make the journey, she was dying. I think it was her kidneys as she had got so skinny there past few weeks and drank a lot. Something wasn't right but as she needed a dental i hopes it was just her teeth that made her thin. Her and her brother both loss weight before they passed away so important sure it must have been something underlying. Tinkerbell passed away in my arms with the boy buns by her side. :cry:

I don't know what to do. :cry:

:cry:

I would ask your Vet if he/she thinks that it would be wise to give all your remaining Rabbits a 28 day course of Panacur. It could be that EC was involved as EC attacks the kidneys.

I really am very sorry for you loss :cry:

:cry:

I would ask your Vet if he/she thinks that it would be wise to give all your remaining Rabbits a 28 day course of Panacur. It could be that EC was involved as EC attacks the kidneys.

I really am very sorry for you loss :cry:

Thank you Jane. I really feel like i failed her not being able to get her to the vet in the end but there was no way she would have survived that journey. It was a case of stress her out even more getting her there or keep her comfy at home with her friends. I hoped shed would make the night as it would give us hope that the vets may have been able to do something today. :cry:

All 3 buns were given a course of panacure a few weeks ago Jane so i'm not sure if it would be EC. Could it have been her liver maybe? :(

oh god no :cry: im soo sorry emma :cry: hugs to you thinking of you xxx

with regards to the blood was it from her wee? then id say the same as the vet ie kidneys what with weight loss etc, as jane has also said id
asked your vet regarding EC as this can effect the kidneys too, it might not be related but better to be safe with your other buns and peace of minf to panacur them, i did this as soon as sox bled and then we had his bloods done and came back with his kidney failure :(, and like you also he had a dental not long before as i too thought that was it, but knew something wasnt really right as he was always showing funny gi statis symptoms

i am soo sorry to hear this news of tinks, i hope your ok :cry: she will know how much you loved her, don't blame yourself you tried to help her but she was just too poorly xxx

Thank you Jane. I really feel like i failed her not being able to get her to the vet in the end but there was no way she would have survived that journey. It was a case of stress her out even more getting her there or keep her comfy at home with her friends. I hoped shed would make the night as it would give us hope that the vets may have been able to do something today. :cry:

All 3 buns were given a course of panacure a few weeks ago Jane so i'm not sure if it would be EC. Could it have been her liver maybe? :(

Passing blood in wee is more likely to indicate a renal problem than a problem with the liver :cry:

It'd probably be a good idea to weigh your remaining Rabbits every couple of days to make sure they are maintaining their weight.

Passing blood in wee is more likely to indicate a renal problem than a problem with the liver :cry:

It'd probably be a good idea to weigh your remaining Rabbits every couple of days to make sure they are maintaining their weight.

It was both wee and poop. :cry: I hope it's not EC or I really will feel like I let her down.

Theo was very thin but after the panacure he put on so much weight. I will check with the vet though. I promised her she would be ok. The dental was meant to fix her. :cry:

hugs, id also agree with jane, indicating renal (kidneys) soo sorry hun, she will know you loved her and mischief will be reunited with her :cry:

hugs, id also agree with jane, indicating renal (kidneys) soo sorry hun, she will know you loved her and mischief will be reunited with her :cry:

Thank you. I held her as she left for the bridge and she weed as she went an it was blood. I am so heartbroken. She shouldn't have suffered, she was always the healthy one and we wished Mischief could have been as healthy as her. I hope she's found him and Jasper at Rainbow Bridge.

She would have been 4 on 23rd May, I was looking forward to that day. My rabbits always die young. Its not fair, what am I doing wrong? :cry:

Thank you. I held her as she left for the bridge and she weed as she went an it was blood. I am so heartbroken. She shouldn't have suffered, she was always the healthy one and we wished Mischief could have been as healthy as her. I hope she's found him and Jasper at Rainbow Bridge.

She would have been 4 on 23rd May, I was looking forward to that day. My rabbits always die young. Its not fair, what am I doing wrong? :cry:

Oh sweetie, you're not doing anything wrong. Remember rabbits are so good at hiding illnesses. (((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))

I am so sorry for your heartbreak, it is never easy to see a beloved animal companion go to the Bridge, but I am sure you did all you could with how her symptoms had presented. It might've taken weeks of testing to find out what was hidden.
You are always so conscientious when it comes to your bunnies. They are well cared for and loved. Sometimes they just have things going on that we will never see.
Thinking of you. xxxx

Back