• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please send positive thoughts for my poorly boy

Well he’s home for the evening, very grumpy and won’t sit with me :lol: Whitney ran straight over and started licking his head :love:

The vet said he’s been much brighter today, lots of poo which is good. She’s been syringe feeding all day so I’ve got to see if he starts eating on his own tonight.

He goes back to the vet tomorrow to remove his ear catheter if all is well, if not we might be looking at surgery, but she said as things stand she’s hopeful he won’t need that.

Appreciate everyone’s well wishes for him, thank you :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great news. here's hoping for his continued recovery.

so nice that Whitney welcomed him back with nice lickeys.

I'm so glad he's been much brighter and pooing lots. That's so sweet that Whitney welcomed him home with some licks, aww. :love: How is he this morning? I hope he has started eating on his own, even if only a little. Lots more vibes for him.

Hope the girls have rallied Philip overnight, topping up the vibes.

Well Britney certainly didn’t as she pulled a clump out of his fur and we had to separate them :lol:
I think he smelt of vets! Will put them back together when he’s fully back to himself.

He’s definitely much more himself though, I woke up this morning to him eating hay :love: he’s had his catheter removed and pulled the bandage off himself :lol:

Thanks for all the thoughts, it’s so nice having people that understand! :love:

Well Britney certainly didn’t as she pulled a clump out of his fur and we had to separate them :lol:
I think he smelt of vets! Will put them back together when he’s fully back to himself.

He’s definitely much more himself though, I woke up this morning to him eating hay :love: he’s had his catheter removed and pulled the bandage off himself :lol:

Thanks for all the thoughts, it’s so nice having people that understand! :love:

Oh Britney!

Well done Philip.

I’m pleased that philip is showing positive recovery with you. I’m sure the girls will settle down once he’s had a few days of love and care with you. Topping up the vibes. Xx

Back