• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help......UD pro fibre?

Sorry he's still causing worry. :( Hope he settles to some serious nomming soon. Hopefully he's just unsettled by the vet trip, but will be more like himself soon.

I think I spoke too soon :cry:
He's digging on the carpet and then flopping right on his side...seems very odd. He's not interested in any on the nice things I've offered him either :cry:

Is he drinking and has he done any more wee ?

Is his wee ever 'chalky' ?

Oh no, vibes for blue. I remember when Lola had stasis for four whole days, I thought that was it. Judy saved her, she would touch nothing, then we got that special parcel with sloe leaves, and wild chervil. My bunny came to life and then the poops started and it was party time. I hate Stasis and I hate bloat even more. I really hope Blue recovers soon.xx

I think I spoke too soon :cry:
He's digging on the carpet and then flopping right on his side...seems very odd. He's not interested in any on the nice things I've offered him either :cry:

Why would digging the carpet and flopping be worrying signs? Jut curious because my buns do this all the time! :?

maybe feed both buns together, could stimulate their competitive nature?:D

Hope he's feeling better soon.

We've been back to the vets as he still wasn't eating anthing and he's had another shot of metaclop and some more sub cut fluids.
Syringed him again and now he is sulking in his hutch. vet has said to do it every hour or so and then a couple of times during the night...so when Rosie wakes up I'll go down and feed him too.
I've been trying to keep him warm...and had the gas fire on and everything. Usually he would be hogging it but he decided to go and sit on the windowsill which is really cold :roll:

Why would digging the carpet and flopping be worrying signs? Jut curious because my buns do this all the time! :?

maybe feed both buns together, could stimulate their competitive nature?:D

Hope he's feeling better soon.

Blue never digs in the carpet and it's the way he's flopping if you know what I mean. Usually when he flops he looks kind of relaxed and it's almost like hes saying 'ahhhhhh...that's good' but now he's almost throwing himself over like he's having a toddler tantrum if you know what I mean.

Is he drinking and has he done any more wee ?

Is his wee ever 'chalky' ?

He hasn;t drunk anything...but he isn't a big drinker usually anyway. He's also really very clean in his litter tray too so telling if he has weed is difficult. He's had bladder sludge problems in the past so Ian had a good feel of his bladder but couldn;t feel anything abnormal. They've given him 2 lots of fluids though...so I think he should be ok hydration wise.

Last edited:
Oh no, vibes for blue. I remember when Lola had stasis for four whole days, I thought that was it. Judy saved her, she would touch nothing, then we got that special parcel with sloe leaves, and wild chervil. My bunny came to life and then the poops started and it was party time. I hate Stasis and I hate bloat even more. I really hope Blue recovers soon.xx

Mae had stasis for 5/6 days straight, I almost had her pts. On the 6th day I went to the vets make my decision and she was bright and and started nomming :roll:

Hope blue is okay, has he had any Zantac (i think thats what it is called) Mae had this along side Metacam and Metacloprimide :wave:

Oh crikey hun, just caught up with this, i hate being away from RU so much, its not your fault these things happen. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you and Blue, you know where i am if you need me xxx

I got up and fed him a couple of times in the night, he was taking a couople of pellets (about 10 or so) and then a crunchie and an Auntie Liz biscuit. I the syringed him about 10 ml of critical care just to give him some extra fluids.
This morning he has had some pellets, some greens, a little bit of fresh mint and basil an AL biscuit and a crunchie. Oh...and a little bit of banana :D
We'll be back at the vets this morning...just so Ian can check he has poo forming and stuff....it's impossible fo me to check if he is pooing...there's so much hay in their box just to try and keep them warm.
Thank you all so much for your vibes and advise :love:

Oh...and I'm loving the new CC mix....It's so smooth and easy out of the syringe :love:

That's sounding like good progress. It's a case of litte and often at the beginning & you'll get there.
I must apologise that I forgot you had a young baby, & most unfortunately got confused wlth bridge bun Rosie, in Lanarkshire.:oops:
Looking after a stasis bun AND a baby is no joke. I hope you can get some rest soon. Please keep us updated if you can.

I'm pleased to hear Blue is improving. It must have been horribly scary. I hope the vets visit goes well and you get a good prognosis.

That's sounding like good progress. It's a case of litte and often at the beginning & you'll get there.
I must apologise that I forgot you had a young baby, & most unfortunately got confused wlth bridge bun Rosie, in Lanarkshire.:oops:
Looking after a stasis bun AND a baby is no joke. I hope you can get some rest soon. Please keep us updated if you can.

It's hasn't been easy thsats for sure!! If I'm not feeding one I'm feeding the other.
I wouldn't have been able to cope without J :love:

We've just got back from the vets...Ian has given him another shot of metaclop and given me 3 to take home and give every 8 hours. He's said to offer him some pellets every hour or so and if he won't taKE THEM THEN GIVE HIM A SYRINGE.
hOPEFULLY THIS SHOULD BE HIM ON THE MEND NOW....iAN COULD FEEL SOME POOS WHICH IS A GOOD SIGN. i JUST HOPE HE IS FEELING BETTER BY sATURDAY NIGHT....i'M SUPPOSED TO BE GOINGTO A BALL BUT i CAN'T EXPECT j'S SISTER TO SYRINGE FEED bLUE AS WELL AS LOOK AFDTER rOSIE.

Great news that Blue is eating again - even if it's just a little.

I don't know how you do it, looking after a new baby and a sick bunny - please look after yourself too!

Back