• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help......UD pro fibre?

Hi, I hope all has gone well at the vets. I know how worrying it can be but you've done the best thing and please don't blame yourself.

VIBES xx

Back from vets....I'm giving Rosie her breakfast at the moment so typing is a bit iffy.
Saw the best bun vet they have :D All the vets there are good but he is their 'small furry guy'
Blues had metaclop, metacam and sub cut fluids...and we have critical care to give him too. Ian said that the fact he is trying to get himself clean is a good sign....and he got cross about the sub cuts too :love:
As I type he's having a look in his food dish but he didn't eat anything :(
I've got 20 mins to try and get some CC into him...but then I have to take Rosie for her jabs.
J coulldn't get the day off so I'll have to try and jugglle them both :?

Back from vets....I'm giving Rosie her breakfast at the moment so typing is a bit iffy.
Saw the best bun vet they have :D All the vets there are good but he is their 'small furry guy'
Blues had metaclop, metacam and sub cut fluids...and we have critical care to give him too. Ian said that the fact he is trying to get himself clean is a good sign....and he got cross about the sub cuts too :love:
As I type he's having a look in his food dish but he didn't eat anything :(
I've got 20 mins to try and get some CC into him...but then I have to take Rosie for her jabs.
J coulldn't get the day off so I'll have to try and jugglle them both :?

That sounds excellent care to me. I'm sure she'll make a rapid recovery. :)

Hi only just seen this. Those buns do know how to panic us dont they :shock::(
Sounds like Blue got great care at the vets, hopefully the meds will kick in soon and he'll start eating for himself.
Loads and loads of vibes xxxx

Thank you all so much for your vibes....He's eaten a bit of an Auntie Liz current square and a bit of carrot....so fingers crossed.
I have to go to the docs now...so fingers crossed when I get bback he will be nomming again. The only problem is that I can't leave food down without Marnie stealing it. They have plenty of hay though...and I'll be gone 1/2 hour max.

Thank you all so much for your vibes....He's eaten a bit of an Auntie Liz current square and a bit of carrot....so fingers crossed.
I have to go to the docs now...so fingers crossed when I get bback he will be nomming again. The only problem is that I can't leave food down without Marnie stealing it. They have plenty of hay though...and I'll be gone 1/2 hour max.

Thats an excellent sign, good luck at the docs

I'm sorry to hear Blue is feeling poorly; please don't blame yourself.

Sending lots of vibes; I hope he's nomming away when you get back home. x

Just seen this - huge vibes for Blue. I'm sure once all the pain relief etc kicks in he will be brighter. Vibes for you too, looking after a poorly bunny and a little baby cannot be easy!xx

FINALLY back from the docs.....Sooooo cross! our appointment was at 10.15 and we didnt get seen till 11.10 :censored:
#'i've just given him a spring green and some pellets which he's eaten :D I think it's Marnie being with him thats making him eat.....he doesn't want her to get any of his food :lol:
Thank you all again for your vibes.....I'm sure they've helped :D

I would offer anything with a strong smell in front of his nose at frequent intervals, but don't exhaust him.
sprigs of fresh herbs like parsley or coriander are good or cut strands of fresh spring greens.
as another forum member has said they will often eat it to say"ok then if i eat it you'll leave me alone?" and all little bits of food add up!:)
He will probably start eating again when the pain meds kick in.
sending "get nomming soon" vibes:)
sue:wave:

Good boy Blue !!!

Keep eating now and of course we all want to hear a positive poo production report VERY soon !! :D

Good boy Blue !!!

Keep eating now and of course we all want to hear a positive poo production report VERY soon !! :D

He's so good in his litter box and Marnie goes in there too....but I guess these poos will be a lot smaller and less crumbly and golden than normal so I should be able to tell them apart from yesterdays and marnies (I do their poo boxes every other day....but the hay gets topped up throughout the day)
Now I shall try to get him moving...which could be tricky as he is generally a very lazy boy :oops:

I think I spoke too soon :cry:
He's digging on the carpet and then flopping right on his side...seems very odd. He's not interested in any on the nice things I've offered him either :cry:

Sending big vibes for Blue - I hope he starts to feel better soon!

Maybe the digging is frustration? Like he could be feeling a bit better, but still not 100%?
When Tibbs wasn't well, I would let her sleep for half an hour, and then tempt her with something/anything and keep repeating until she would eat by herself. Strangely it was spring greens that got her eating again - maybe she wanted something with water in it?

I really don't know - just didn't want to read and run.

Back