• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help advice needed :(

4piggiepigs

Warren Scout
I got Damian last december ( dumped on friends doorstep. 10 Weeks old ish she had no indoor room so i offered) he s rew and lovely temperment dont chew bite not aggressive hes just perfect so is free range has been.neutered wormed microchipped up to date with vaccs an insured. i mentioned to friend n passing i.would.like a wife.for.him at some point..couple.months later she turns up with a doe (Angel)nice thought but reason hadnt got one is cos couldnt afford.it:( anyway shes.cute looking mini lop cross but shes horrible hes ruined my house chewing lino wallpaper wires omg 6 phone chargers. laptop charger coaxial electric toothbrush charger. shes a nightmare and thats in the rooms shes not supposed to be in she flys right past ya. i dont know wht to do with her i have to either lock them up (poor well behaved Damian) or rehome her which would be really sad i.don't want to tho i think she can go back to where she came from tho. i have had her spayed and all same as damian even tho other half said are you sure we want her back if he goes.missing re microchipping and he was only half joking. she.obviously a chewer but they have toys and their cage is 5x2x2 grid cand c with tiled floor fleece blankets hay rack pellets veg everyday etc they are well looked after. Sorry its long but dont know.what to.do :(

Last edited:
:wave: are they bonded, I.e. they both live together? If so, please don't consider just giving her back, it would be incredibly unkind on both of them to separate a bonded pair. Plenty of people manage with chewy house bunnies - for instance by covering over all wires with conduit to protect them, by using large cage panels to provide safe running areas, uses baby gates to prevent them from getting to places you don't want them to be, and/or by giving them a large base for when they cannot be supervised (would need to be larger than you currently describe) with exercise time out and about.

It sounds to me as if she is just being a pretty normal bunny, so it's really down to you to ensure that your house is safe for them to use in one way or another. Hopefully someone with house bunnies will be able to advise you on how it can be achieved :)

Thank you for replying. nothing i sfe in the house. they live in kitchen mostly when let out Damo is fine Angel will eat anything. I cant just let her wreck the house wires have been moved. They are bonded but didnt tke any effort Damo is so laid back even before she was spayed she used to hump him and pull his furr out he never did nything bless him thy even went vets together so they wouldnt unbond while she was spayed. My dilema is Damian is so slovely an can be trusted outbut cos if Angel hes going to have to be locked up more not only that she might brcome more frustrated being locked in. i suppose they could become outdoor rabbits.....no dont think i can do that actually

Hello. I have two house bunnies who have two pens attached together as their base. This creates an area of 8x8 ft but if the bunnies are having free range time it also enables me to block off problem areas (like behind the sofa). I have one girly bun and she is trouble. She will chew anything in sight and I mean anything. I have really had to think hard about the lounge which is where they are based as she will destroy everything. I have the tv unit blocked off with mesh and I block behind the sofa as previously mentioned. My boy bun is a different story. He is not a chewer. He is quite happy in the pen.

Any way... Back to the point. As previously mentioned you could try bunny proofing or perhaps you could invest in a couple of large pens to attach to their base so that they have the room they need plus you don't have to worry about the house.

I find that cardboard boxes with those green tubes leading to other boxes are a great distraction. Also stuffing smaller tubes with hay etc. I use lots of distraction techniques when Matilda is roaming around the lounge outside of her pen :) I also have a huge storage box litter tray stuffed with hay, a huge plastic dog bed stuffed with hay and a pet carrier stuffed with hay and this just about keeps her occupied.

It would be such a shame to split your buns up. It sounds like your girl is just displaying her natural behaviours.

I am so in same situation I have mini lop girl she only ever chewed bed and when was done and is a really good she is more like a cat than a rabbit. Then I got Pablo and he is a nightmare . Mum says I have a lot ov money to spend when she sells house as he has wrecked it. Doors chewed , skirting board chewed , wall paper pulled of, millions phone wires, laptops wires anywhere at all has bite marks on! Also found the back of the washing machine hose very tasty and had a leak!! Wardrobes chewed all my furniture! Litter trays with holes in. My other rabbit Shakira never chews an she may av to have her teeth removed . I feel like removing Pablos teeth! I wudnt split them up tho I cud never get rid ov nething :( but I do sometimes regret it. I just wish I cud do something. They have a 3 storey nic cube house and all the toys u cud imagine. I put wire protectors on but pabs chews thru them. How to u protect furniture lol

The thought of getting rid of any of my pets makes me feel sick i dont want to, their cage equals 5ft 8 x 2ft3 x 2ft 3 i like the idea of a pen making it bigger for certain times so may do that :) i have got them boxes and toys and shelf and blankets
utf-8BSU1HMDEyNjgtMjAxMjAxMTQtMTkzMS5qcGc.jpg
utf-8BSU1HMDEyNzEtMjAxMjAxMTQtMjIwNi5qcGc.jpg

Back