• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Dont Let it be Myxi-U/D Mon 12th-HOPEFULLY OK

colliewoman said:
aw jane hunny :(
has brian ever had syphilis??
i ask as aspen had a myxi scare after a stressful time, and we were almost sure it was going to be myxi. days passed, weeks passed so we thought it couldnt be myxi. abx helped but didnt cure till one day it dawned on me it was a recurrence of syhpilis! a 3 week course of penicillin and she was right as rain :wink:
her eyes were swollen and her bits too but the swelling didnt go past the orbot of the eye (make sense?)
does he have any crusting on his nose?
i wish i had taken photos when she was poorly as it is so difficult to explain just how similar she looked to a myxi bun.
healing vibes, good luck and hugs all coming your way xxxxxxx

I have seen Treponamatosis in one of my other Bucks but this looks different :?
This morning Brian's 'bits' seem OK but his eyes are still sore. I am not going to say he is in the clear re myxi as I just dont know. I have never seen it close up before (AND NEVER WANT TO)
He still seems ok within himself........................

Janex

Well i am keeping everything crossed for you its something i would not want my worst enemy to witness on their bun :cry: let alone anyone else i knew

was this to have been his first myxi jab, or a booster? If he's been done previously then if it is a myxi ,could be the less severe form which Floss had(has? :cry: ).Iit could even be some other type of pox. The vet was trying to explain about mutating virus etc to me yesterday but I'm afraid I was so worried that I just kind of glazed over..... Hopefully he's just decided that it was time that you had another barrow-load of stress, and is milking it for all he's worth. It goes without saying that I've everything crossed for you and sending you enormous resounding vibes!!

Brian's eyes are still gunky and swollen, but not as bad as yesterday. His 'bits' are OK now. There are no signs of any nodules, no nasal discharge and his chest is clear. In himself he still seems fine.
I dare not say more for fear of tempting fate..........

Janex

Brian remains very 'well within himself' His eyes are still gunky and swollen, the right worse than the left. But his 'bits' now look completely normal. Still no nodules, nasal discharge, his chest is clear.
I really dare not say 'all ok' as whenever I do something like that it all goes badly wrong.......

Janex

Sparky said:
I don't know if theres another thread anywhere, but are there any updates on Brian?

I THINK we are OK.
This morning Brian's left eye is OK, his right eye is better but still some-what swollen and gunky.
So HOPEFULLY (*touches wood*) he had a severe conjunctivitis and his swollen 'bits' were caused by .....Errrrmmm.... excessive humping during bonding with Esme :oops:

I dont want another fright like this has been.............

Janex

Back