• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can Will have some vibes. update post 34 one further question

Thank you Jane. I was a bit concerned he'd dropped from. 1.3kg to 1.1 but he is very active and I have cut down on their treats and commercial food as Nancy needs to lose a bit . Once he's properly on the mend I'll give him a few extra pellets. He will be weighed again on Monday. I preferred to bring him home as my vets don't have out of hours on site and he would have to have gone 8 miles away.

The vets didn't mention keeping him in though so I hope that's a good sign.

How is Will this morning ? I hope the improvement has continued overnight xx

How is Will this morning ? I hope the improvement has continued overnight xx

Thank you for enquiring Jane.

We continued with critical care until about midnight. The vet said if he was eating on his own not to do the 2 hourlies through the night. He also ate some Rabbit Royale with Nancy at usual supper time.

He's had his medicine this morning and some more cc but also ate some breakfast with Nancy.

He's currently sitting in his chill n snooze basket absolutely ripping at it.:D

They usually have some fresh greens about now so hope he will eat some.

Thank you for enquiring Jane.

We continued with critical care until about midnight. The vet said if he was eating on his own not to do the 2 hourlies through the night. He also ate some Rabbit Royale with Nancy at usual supper time.

He's had his medicine this morning and some more cc but also ate some breakfast with Nancy.

He's currently sitting in his chill n snooze basket absolutely ripping at it.:D

They usually have some fresh greens about now so hope he will eat some.

I'm glad Will seems to be feeling a bit better and I hope his improvement continues :thumb:

Good luck with it all xx

Only just seen this! You must have been so worried! How's he doing now? I'm glad he's started munching/pooping a bit anyway... Sending lots of vibes xxx

Will seems to be back to his old self. Fighting against his medicine, begging for treats and being totally uncooperative with critical care. I assume because he is eating this isn't too crucial but I did smear some on his paws which he had to lick off.

He has a follow up appointment in the morning so hope his gut sounds normal and he's put a bit of weight back on.

Will seems to be back to his old self. Fighting against his medicine, begging for treats and being totally uncooperative with critical care. I assume because he is eating this isn't too crucial but I did smear some on his paws which he had to lick off.

He has a follow up appointment in the morning so hope his gut sounds normal and he's put a bit of weight back on.

So pleased to hear that Will is feeling a lot better :D I would not continue with the CC if he's eating for himself now, it could just stress him out and be counter-productive at this stage.

How's his 'output' ?

Just seen this thread. Sending vibes that he continues to be okay. :love:

So pleased to hear that Will is feeling a lot better :D I would not continue with the CC if he's eating for himself now, it could just stress him out and be counter-productive at this stage.

How's his 'output' ?

He didn't poop at all at the vets but did as soon as he got home. There were a few misshapen ones and lots of furry ones and 'string of pearls' but now they seem back to normal. I have also observed him eating caecals (sorry can't spell ).

We are currently in the garden. He's not as active as usual but is eating grass and I gave him a few extra pellets before Nancy came out which he ate.

He didn't poop at all at the vets but did as soon as he got home. There were a few misshapen ones and lots of furry ones and 'string of pearls' but now they seem back to normal. I have also observed him eating caecals (sorry can't spell ).

We are currently in the garden. He's not as active as usual but is eating grass and I gave him a few extra pellets before Nancy came out which he ate.

Lovely to log on and find a wonderful update of Will :wave:

It's been a beautiful day (f a little nippy at times) so I bet he had a good time outside x

Will had his check up this morning. The vet was pleased with him. She said he was like a different rabbit. He was the same weight as Friday so I'm wondering if he's just lost weight as I've cut down on treats and commercial food. I just hope Nancy has too. She did say his gut sounds, although much better than Friday, were still slightly on the quiet side but then said it was probably because he was a small rabbit. Not that I have any reason to doubt her but can anyone far more knowledgeable than me back this up?

She said they took some pictures of him when he was being syringe fed on Friday and asked if they could use the pictures on their website and Facebook page to promote rabbit awareness week and the importance of getting your rabbit treated immediately if he/she stopped eating as so often it was left too late. - naturally I said yes.

When I got out the vets I'd had a missed call from my mum. My dad's in hospital again. Oh's mum was taken in yesterday. I really can't wait for April to end.

Will had his check up this morning. The vet was pleased with him. She said he was like a different rabbit. He was the same weight as Friday so I'm wondering if he's just lost weight as I've cut down on treats and commercial food. I just hope Nancy has too. She did say his gut sounds, although much better than Friday, were still slightly on the quiet side but then said it was probably because he was a small rabbit. Not that I have any reason to doubt her but can anyone far more knowledgeable than me back this up?

She said they took some pictures of him when he was being syringe fed on Friday and asked if they could use the pictures on their website and Facebook page to promote rabbit awareness week and the importance of getting your rabbit treated immediately if he/she stopped eating as so often it was left too late. - naturally I said yes.

When I got out the vets I'd had a missed call from my mum. My dad's in hospital again. Oh's mum was taken in yesterday. I really can't wait for April to end.

It is nice to hear that Will has improved so much under your wonderful care. His gut sounds may be the normal for him, or normal for him if he is moulting and passing fur. However, I would keep a close eye on his output and possibly ask the vet about putting him on a maintenance dose of gut stimulant until he is done with the furry/strung together poop and/or make sure he has extra fluids/moisture in his food so it is easier for him to pass the fur he injests when he grooms himself or Nancy.

Back