• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can we have Vibes for Helen and Baby Saint both have E.Cuniculi/ Update P6.

How the wee ones doing?

They are doing ok, they are both on a course of Panacur so they both have started hiding in their box when it's time for their meds. We are at the vet's next week with them
both as Helen has washed Baby Saint so much that she has now got bald ears and bald patches on her body but she has also washed her legs bald including Baby Saint's disabled leg
and now it's sore and we are quite worried about that. It's hard to know if they have anymore symptoms of E.C apart from Helens eye as Helen has always had a twisted spine and so she has always been a funny shape to look at and Baby Saint has always gone round in a circle when she is put back in her pen after being taken out since she was a baby but we have never thought anything about it as we have had blind bunnies before that have done the same thing but we now think is it the E.C :(

I feel so sad as we have wrapped them in cotton wool as best we can and protected them because of what they have been through in their past and because of their disabilities especially Baby Saint as she has no immune system and so she can't be vaccinated against VHD or Myxomatosis and so it's so easy for her to catch germs and be seriously ill and so to find out that they have now got E.C is just a massive blow to us and very sad as we know the outcome for either of them will not be good and we also know that Helen could not live without Baby Saint and Baby Saint would not survive without her Mummy Helen, but we will do our utmost to get them as well as we can and keep them comfortable which is what we have always done.

Last edited:
It is so hard treating a poorly bun :( I nursed Kermit and then Inca through EC and I know how devastating it can be. I really hope they both have a positive outcome, they deserve it!

Oh gosh, I don't come on here very often, but I was having a quick scan and saw this :(

Poor little mites. I really hope the treatment works for them. Sending massive vibes ((hugs)) xxxx

They are doing ok, they are both on a course of Panacur so they both have started hiding in their box when it's time for their meds. We are at the vet's next week with them
both as Helen has washed Baby Saint so much that she has now got bald ears and bald patches on her body but she has also washed her legs bald including Baby Saint's disabled leg
and now it's sore and we are quite worried about that. It's hard to know if they have anymore symptoms of E.C apart from Helens eye as Helen has always had a twisted spine and so she has always been a funny shape to look at and Baby Saint has always gone round in a circle when she is put back in her pen after being taken out since she was a baby but we have never thought anything about it as we have had blind bunnies before that have done the same thing but we now think is it the E.C :(

I feel so sad as we have wrapped them in cotton wool as best we can and protected them because of what they have been through in their past and because of their disabilities especially Baby Saint as she has no immune system and so she can't be vaccinated against VHD or Myxomatosis and so it's so easy for her to catch germs and be seriously ill and so to find out that they have now got E.C is just a massive blow to us and very sad as we know the outcome for either of them will not be good and we also know that Helen could not live without Baby Saint and Baby Saint would not survive without her Mummy Helen, but we will do our utmost to get them as well as we can and keep them comfortable which is what we have always done.

Are they on any abx along with the panacur? x

I have been meaning too get in touch with you for a while. I am hardly ever on here now.
I am sending lots of vibes to your very special buns. I know how special they are too you both.

You CAN pull them through.
I did with Rufus, it was a long frustrating time but he survived and was cured after a month.
So sending you a lot of vibes!

:( so many bunnies seem to be suffering from this lately :(

Sending so many vibes for them both. Hope they get through this xxx

UPDATE FRIDAY 8TH FEBRUARY.

Helen and Baby Saint are both looking well apart from Baby Saint being bald here and there from Helen over washing her :oops:

Helen's eye is looking fantastic today and we are so very pleased, here's some photo's of her eye the last few week's.

This was her eye back on the 17th January when we were told she had an ulcer of her iris and also e.cuniculi and the eye ulcer was part of the e.cuniculi.

HelensEye002.jpg

Take on the 19 th January.

19-1-13017.jpg

7th February

7-2-13008.jpg

Today..looking so much better :thumb:

8-2-13003.jpg

Back