• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please Can I Have Some Eating Vibes for Starbuck? U/d Home from vets.

Thank you. I hope Jamie starts to eat more too. Thinking of you as well and everyone who has poorly bunnies at the moment x

Really sorry I havent commented Iv only just seen this. So glad you have had good news overnight fingers crossed it stays that way

I've just caught up Helen - I'm really pleased that Starbuck has picked up bless him :) Sending more vibes that he continues to improve xxx

Sorry I wasnt around last night Helen - ended up going over to Warwick to collect Nigel as he has rejected two potential wifey buns - norty Nigel!! :roll:

Good to see Starbuck is improving a little, I hope he continues to rally for you! Give me a shout if you want a chat! x

Hi hope he is doing OK and still improving, not staying long tonight but, hope things are still positive for you both xx

Thanks again guys for thinking of Starbuck. He has been ok today. When I left for work Starbuck was tucking into hay and celery.

When I got home from work I got hustled for pellets by the pair of them - they were both on form begging for dins! :lol: I gave them some pellets and Starbuck tucked in to start with but when I went back up he was back in the litter tray and even Muesli had got bored of the pellets (maybe cos they've had more veg than usual?).

They hadnt drunk much water between them, which is strange for Muesli as well. I did put two bowls out today so maybe more has gone than I think.

Just wondering whether to syringe some water in to Starbuck? But I dont really want to stress him out if I can help it. When cleaning out their base and litter tray tonight Starbuck seemed quite stressed and on edge, almost scared :?:( But then came bounding for a treat so who knows?!)

Lots of excess cecals, but also seem to be a lot of normal poos too.

I think he's nearly there, but not quite, guess it will take time to settle down again. Thank you. Its just fluids I am worried about now.

ETA: hubby doing well :D

But I got a parking fine for being absent-minded! :oops:

Sorry I wasnt around last night Helen - ended up going over to Warwick to collect Nigel as he has rejected two potential wifey buns - norty Nigel!! :roll:

Good to see Starbuck is improving a little, I hope he continues to rally for you! Give me a shout if you want a chat! x

Oh dear Alison, sorry about Nigel - he is fussy about his women!! :lol::lol: Hope he finds 'The One' soon :lol::)

Thank you :)

Thanks again guys for thinking of Starbuck. He has been ok today. When I left for work Starbuck was tucking into hay and celery.

When I got home from work I got hustled for pellets by the pair of them - they were both on form begging for dins! :lol: I gave them some pellets and Starbuck tucked in to start with but when I went back up he was back in the litter tray and even Muesli had got bored of the pellets (maybe cos they've had more veg than usual?).

They hadnt drunk much water between them, which is strange for Muesli as well. I did put two bowls out today so maybe more has gone than I think.

Just wondering whether to syringe some water in to Starbuck? But I dont really want to stress him out if I can help it. When cleaning out their base and litter tray tonight Starbuck seemed quite stressed and on edge, almost scared :?:( But then came bounding for a treat so who knows?!)

Lots of excess cecals, but also seem to be a lot of normal poos too.

I think he's nearly there, but not quite, guess it will take time to settle down again. Thank you. Its just fluids I am worried about now.

ETA: hubby doing well :D

But I got a parking fine for being absent-minded! :oops:

Glad he is eating well. If he is having fresh veggies, etc. he can get some fluid from there so hopefully that should be OK.

Glad he is eating well. If he is having fresh veggies, etc. he can get some fluid from there so hopefully that should be OK.

Thank you :) I hope it will be enough water for him. He's never particularly drunk a lot anyway, which sounds really odd as he must drink!!

Great news that he seems to be on the mend. Lets hope a good nights sleep will bring a 100% back to normal nomming & pooping Starbuck :wave:

Is he tip top again now Helen? I couldn't find this earlier and got distracted but, I was wondering how he was doing? I hope all is well again now :wave:

Is he tip top again now Helen? I couldn't find this earlier and got distracted but, I was wondering how he was doing? I hope all is well again now :wave:

Ah thank you for thinking of him Vicki, he seems to be all back to normal now *touch wood*. :D He has been running over for his pellets and his veg and hassling me for extras and jostling with Muesli to get the best bits out of the bowl!! :lol:

Poos seem to be ok too - obviously its hard to know which are Muesli's and which are Starbuck's - there are some misshapen ones but they are outside of the litter tray where Muesli tends to go and the ones that are in the litter tray are lovely and golden and round :)

Thanks so much for all the help. :)

Ah thank you for thinking of him Vicki, he seems to be all back to normal now *touch wood*. :D He has been running over for his pellets and his veg and hassling me for extras and jostling with Muesli to get the best bits out of the bowl!! :lol:

Poos seem to be ok too - obviously its hard to know which are Muesli's and which are Starbuck's - there are some misshapen ones but they are outside of the litter tray where Muesli tends to go and the ones that are in the litter tray are lovely and golden and round :)

Thanks so much for all the help. :)

Oh I'm really pleased for you both, that's good news well done you xx

Thanks guys - just checked again - there are a few excess cecals but I guess it will take time for everything to settle down, so not too worried about that. He's certainly feeling better in himself and back to being my little bright-eyed sprite! :) Thanks again x

Really well, thank you Alison, and hopefully will be coming home tomorrow! :D:wave: How is Nigel doing?

Back