• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please can Frosty have some vibes? U/d almost back to normal:)

I took him back to the vets this morning for a check up, yesterday he hardly ate anything all day apart from 2 fibafirst sticks, then after 3pm ate a bowl of Readigrass and some hay, and after his gut meds and metacam he was acting very oddly for about half an hour running to his litter tray, acting as if he wanted to poo, then flopping and manically washing his paws :shock: I was just wondering about taking him to the out of hour vets when he started acting normally again. He’s fine this morning and I didn’t give him any meds.

C listened to his guts and he had normal nice loud gut sounds and she said probably as his guts are now ok, the gut meds made them go into overdrive and he doesn’t need them now. She said to try leaving off the metacam now too.

I think I’ve turned him into a spoilt bunny who waits for room service (hand feeding)! now he’s back on pellet rations and feeding himself I think he decided to wait for me to serve him and when I didn’t come he had to get it himself:lol:

Glad to hear that his gut motility has improved. I hope that he wont get any more gripey tummy pains now that he's not having any more meds.

Pellets rationed and no more 'room service', honestly Frosty, you just cant get the Staff these days :roll:

He had 2 ulcers one either side of his tongue so we think probably due to that. Also he’s going through a major moult and I found hay in his poop. He’s bright in himself and eating, but not much hay yet. Having said that his output is good and his poops are turning a better colour.

Yes when I think of the times I have had mouth ulcers, they were extremely painful!

Good to see lovely poops :love:

Glad to hear that his gut motility has improved. I hope that he wont get any more gripey tummy pains now that he's not having any more meds.

Pellets rationed and no more 'room service', honestly Frosty, you just cant get the Staff these days :roll:

Thanks :love:Today he doesn’t seem to have eaten much more than the pellets, he might have eaten some hay but it’s difficult to say. I’ve just been and given him some dried forage and he’s eating that now. He’s his normal self though which is good

Yes when I think of the times I have had mouth ulcers, they were extremely painful!

Good to see lovely poops :love:

Yes, definitely, and they are sore just as they are healing too! Definitely :thumb:

Thankyou everyone :love: he’s been eating some hay today - only a small amount but at least it’s something. Also he’s been eating fibafirst and forage :thumb:

Well done Frosty :thumb:

Thankyou :love: this afternoon he ate all of his bundle of Timothy hay.co.uk stalky hay and left me an empty trough :thumb: then this evening he’s pushed my hand out of the way to get to his pellets, and gobbled them up whilst I was refilling hay and spot cleaning, then started on forage :love: I feel like he’s almost back to normal :thumb: phew! I think I might sleep well tonight!

Thankyou :love: this afternoon he ate all of his bundle of Timothy hay.co.uk stalky hay and left me an empty trough :thumb: then this evening he’s pushed my hand out of the way to get to his pellets, and gobbled them up whilst I was refilling hay and spot cleaning, then started on forage :love: I feel like he’s almost back to normal :thumb: phew! I think I might sleep well tonight!

Phew !! Thank goodness for that :D

Phew Prince Frosty, you certainly know how to give people a worrying time :) Enjoy all your feasts now.

Back