• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can Floppy have some vibes? UD p49 - back from vet

Floppy is looking a bit better now :D. He has had 2 syringe feeds. The last one was a bit messy :oops: and he's still grooming himself. He has now started to eat a few apple leaves by himself! And he is drinking water from a bowl, although usually I need to put it in front of him (he's just gone to the bowl himself :D). I have given Mr Bubbles some things that are noisy to eat, in the hope it would encourage Floppy, and it seems to by working.

He has done some poos, but no wee's that I can see. He will be at the vet tomorrow morning again and I will stay with him overnight.

Thanks for asking about him.

He had a munchie session overnight, and nibbled some dried apple and rose leaves, a couple of fresh dandelions, and a tiny bit pellets. There were quite a lot of poos, and some very smelly cecotropes (sp?). He managed his first wee this morning.

He is still sitting around this morning though. No eating so far, although he has just got up for a drink and he is grooming himself.

We are off to the vet at 10. Is there anything he needs from them? He still has some zantac and some BIRP solution.

I'd ask for some ongoing analgesia. Maybe not an opiate now, but Metacam.

Sounds as though he is recovering. It can take almost a week to get over a bad case of bloat.

Well we're back from the vet. Vet was happy with Floppy's tummy, and said that there didn't seem to be too much gas in it now.

He said I should keep up with the BIRP and zantac, give him meloxidyl daily, and give him an injection of metoclopromide twice daily for 2 days. I gave him his injection at the vet. The first attempt was a disaster! But it went ok on the second attempt.

Floppy's had a few leaves since he came back, and a drink and wee, but no poops so far :(

The vet said that Floppy was well underweight though, because he could feel his spine no bother. He's always been the weight he is now, but I can't usually feel his spine as I can now.

The vet said that hopefully he would recover, although he definitely wasn't out the woods yet.

We're back on Wednesday.

Back